Who's Next?

From what I've gathered, I'm pretty sure we would like to have another TE - Allen or someone they know of that they think they can snag quickly if we miss on Allen. Though I haven't even heard any names floated that could be a possibility.

Other than that, I think we stick with Fitzpatrick and Jackson. Plus I think Weber gets a scholarship to fill us up.

Yeah, that really sucks for us. I think we kept after him for some time and were in a good spot. But getting a late offer from a team that played for the National Championship a couple weeks ago is probably too much to overcome.

I'd love to be wrong. But we were recruiting him at Safety for a long time until he decided he wanted to play WR so we told him he could play WR. But then Clemson (and Michigan) come in and want him at Safety so now he's back to saying he doesn't care which side of the ball he plays on. Maybe he got some sort of "we want you at Safety but we'll give you a look at WR" type of thing. And he definitely couldn't turn down any chance to play WR at Clemson.

From what I've gathered, I'm pretty sure we would like to have another TE - Allen or someone they know of that they think they can snag quickly if we miss on Allen. Though I haven't even heard any names floated that could be a possibility.

Other than that, I think we stick with Fitzpatrick and Jackson. Plus I think Weber gets a scholarship to fill us up.

No Simmons?

Yeah, that really sucks for us. I think we kept after him for some time and were in a good spot. But getting a late offer from a team that played for the National Championship a couple weeks ago is probably too much to overcome.

I'd love to be wrong. But we were recruiting him at Safety for a long time until he decided he wanted to play WR so we told him he could play WR. But then Clemson (and Michigan) come in and want him at Safety so now he's back to saying he doesn't care which side of the ball he plays on. Maybe he got some sort of "we want you at Safety but we'll give you a look at WR" type of thing. And he definitely couldn't turn down any chance to play WR at Clemson.

I understand where you are coming from. But, I think location is a bigger factor with him than some think.