Who's Next?

Maybe there is a better thread to bring this up for discussion but here is my thinking on 2020 recruiting class:

First I assume we have about 23 available scholarships to give out come December.   At this point, we have 7 'commits' identified on this list of about 435 or so 'offers'.  That leaves us with room for about 16 more.  I rough counted about 215 or so of those 435 are, as shown in the Huskerboard listing, that are NOT presently commited to another program or to NU.   

I think we need to spread those 23 scholarships, roughly, as follows:

Position     #          Current Commits         Most desirable/likely prospects still on the board in order of my preference.

WRs            2          Betts                              Ajou,  Juco Manning, Juco Watt, Nixon, Wilson

RBs             2                                                 Bivens (from 2019) as walk on, Scott, Morrison

OL               5          Conn, Corcoran            Robinson, Rosengarten, Durham 

DL               3          Hutmacher                    Sekona, Broughton, Black or Lee

LB               4,          Gunnerson                    Q. Robinson (Bama commit we must steal!), Regen, Johnson, Williams, Lewis, Berrong

Lewis, Choe B, Coleman, Merrick - any combination of 4

TE               1                                                  O'Toole.   If not, then look for a walk or another CB, S or LB 

CB/S           4          Lynum                            Green-Warren, Simpkins, Moten, Ritchie, Covington, Strong,  

QB               1          Smother                         a couple walk ons atleast 6-2, 215 lbs can be athletes/safeties/lbs.

(LS, P, Ath)  1                                                 the best punter from Nebraska or KS or otherwise or take walk-on.

Then load up on walk ons in the areas of O line, LB, secondary, a couple tall WRs and one 'fullback' size RB or so.  

I picked out the likely prospects based on recency in the offer list as being more likely than those from a number of months or more ago, plus those who seemed as decent chance of them actually coming and their apparent talent from the film, offer lists, etc. in my opinion.  I certainly could have missed a few and welcome the comments by those who are more informed than I am certainly.   Bottom line, for me, is that I think there are still quite a few fish in the pond for us to reel in and complete a top notch class in the process.   No need to panick but I think we need to add another 6 or so by the end of August and be around 18 or so by end of October.   It will likely come down to the last few weeks to get the last 3 or so.

We are competing with the best programs for the best of best (after the half dozen 'elites' have had their fill of course).  

• Plus1 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...