Who's Next?

2 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I don't think the staff is gonna look much into the transfer market that is why they are trying to seemingly fill up now. I expect everyone who is going to be in this class to sign tomorrow except Betts. I don't think Aho makes it. So I think you are looking at KJ, Fleming, Brown, Francois, and Payne to fill out the class. That will put us at 26. Without Aho, we are at 25 leaving one spot open for a potential transfer or HS DL, which is unlikely, or walk on scholarship .

It would absolutely be so huge for the coaching staff to have this class completely full tomorrow.  They can relax over the holidays then come back in January and get busy with this team and recruiting 100% for 2021 instead of taking up time and effort to still fill out 2020.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I don't think the staff is gonna look much into the transfer market that is why they are trying to seemingly fill up now. I expect everyone who is going to be in this class to sign tomorrow except Betts. I don't think Aho makes it. So I think you are looking at KJ, Fleming, Brown, Francois, and Payne to fill out the class. That will put us at 26. Without Aho, we are at 25 leaving one spot open for a potential transfer or HS DL, which is unlikely, or walk on scholarship .

I thought I read somewhere that if they sign and don't qualify they still count against the #s - one of the reasons they are saying Betts is waiting.  

4 minutes ago, kchusker_chris said:

I thought I read somewhere that if they sign and don't qualify they still count against the #s - one of the reasons they are saying Betts is waiting.  

Correct. I am still including Betts in the class because all signs are pointing to him being in. If however, he doesn't get the grades than he won't count against us since he did not sign. It's a smart move to hold him until the next signing period because if he doesn't do it by then it's an open spot where we can purse a transfer.