**Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread**

I will say the worst thing about the offside is they go based on when the pass was kicked, not when the player received the ball. There would be times when an offsides player comes back for a pass, retrieves the ball onside, and loses any advantage he had, but is still considered offsides.

NY Times on England's loss

I'm sharing this just for Stephen Hawking (yes, that Stephen Hawking)'s comments at the end:

Fair-haired and bald players are more likely to score a penalty, which Hawking called “one of science’s great mysteries.”

Clearly, England needs any help it can get.

“As we say in science,” Hawking told reporters, “England couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo."

Uh, no, I got into a discussion with Po and he decided he didn't want to continue it. Your posts were idiotic so I ignored them. And since you're still trolling, I'll put you on ignore so I don't have read your babble anymore. Goodbye.

Edit - And if anyone else, including Po, wants to continue discussing that topic, I'll be happy to.

Uh, no, I got into a discussion with Po and he decided he didn't want to continue it. Your posts were idiotic so I ignored them. And since you're still trolling, I'll put you on ignore so I don't have read your babble anymore. Goodbye.

Edit - And if anyone else, including Po, wants to continue discussing that topic, I'll be happy to.

How were my posts trolling or idiotic? You asked for a discussion and I responded with such.

Love ya Ebyl, but your posts in this thread remind me of this:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nations-soccer-fan-becoming-insufferable,17553/

Nation's Soccer Fan Becoming Insufferable

As the 2010 World Cup approaches, friends, family, and coworkers of 32-year-old Brad Janovich are growing less tolerant of the exuberant behavior of the United States' lone soccer fan.

"Last week he was talking about how 'footy' was really heating up and asked me to come over for the 'friendly' against Turkey," said Janovich's friend Beth Gleason, who has known the only projected U.S. viewer of this year's World Cup broadcast since college. "I love Brad, I really do, but when he talks like that I want to punch him in the goddamn face. Especially because, when I asked him what he was talking about, he just said the same thing again, only slower. I was like, 'Brad, don't talk like that. People don't talk like that.'"

• Fire 1

The best pure goal scorer in the world is about to take the field against Germany. Unfortunately, Portugal has never been as good at supplying Ronaldo the passes he needs to maximize his potential. They really underperformed in the qualifiers until they were in the playoff against Sweden. If they don't bring that level of play, Germany will roll them.