Off Season: What is your favorite college helmet (besides the Huskers)

I don't really like the "crazy motorcycle painted helmet" look that is the current trend right now. Although, you could say that Michigan's helmet has something similar to that effect. I am still very partial to the logo on each side or once side look. It's a lot like hockey has their logos on the front of their jerseys, or baseball has theirs on their hats. It's singular, it's simple. But most of all, it's sports. No matter what trendy thing Oregon, or Maryland or anyone else does for their jerseys and helmets. We will always have the Nebraska's, the Alabama's, the Michigan's, the Chicago Bear's, the Yankee's, the Steeler's, and all others that stick to the traditional look that will always be timeless.

I used to always wanted us to use the 90's Block N with the script "Huskers" logo we had on our helmets. But now that I am older (not 10... haha) I love that simple N. You will never confuse our helmets and have to guess what team it belongs to.

So long (ass) story short, besides ours, I like Alabama's. It is just so plain and traditional, that it's like a factory worker's jumpsuit, or a doctor's scrubs. It's got that "f*ck what we look like, let's play football!" mentality.

I like the Notre Dame helmet. More for the tradition of it than anything. Notre Dame Joe could tell you better than I can. But from what I know. The students volunteer to sand, primer and repaint the helmets before each and every game. I'm sure I don't have that quite right if not, i'm sorry. But that tradition to me is really cool and shows the pride the student body has in their team.

But if I was to vote on just looks alone. I'd say Ohio States. Cause they are simple, traditional. Yet due to helmet stickers all look different. Plus to me the helmet stickers look like pot leafs, which I find funny.

Unfortunately that tradition went the way of natural grass, and a lack of rock music in the stadium. The helmets are now painted by some industrial technology. (allegedly Pitt threatened not to schedule us in the future because they couldn't wash the gold out of Larry Fitzgerald's jersey after numerous drives into the ground).

I've always like Michigans helmet. It's instantly recognizable and just classic.

Based off of Princeton.

I usually like the ones that keep it simple like OU and UGA. Boise is about as fancy as I'll take.

I like the Notre Dame helmet. More for the tradition of it than anything. Notre Dame Joe could tell you better than I can. But from what I know. The students volunteer to sand, primer and repaint the helmets before each and every game. I'm sure I don't have that quite right if not, i'm sorry. But that tradition to me is really cool and shows the pride the student body has in their team.

But if I was to vote on just looks alone. I'd say Ohio States. Cause they are simple, traditional. Yet due to helmet stickers all look different. Plus to me the helmet stickers look like pot leafs, which I find funny.

Unfortunately that tradition went the way of natural grass, and a lack of rock music in the stadium. The helmets are now painted by some industrial technology. (allegedly Pitt threatened not to schedule us in the future because they couldn't wash the gold out of Larry Fitzgerald's jersey after numerous drives into the ground)

Well that sucks cause that was a great tradition. As for Pitt i would of told them to get better blocking or better detergent.