Josh Banderas Arrested

Once I had to saw through my own bike lock because it had rusted up and I couldn't open it. Some guy walked by and was like, "REALLY?!" -- he didn't call the police, but I suppose if he had, it's possible they could have decided to hit me up with some charge.

So, taking Sip's tweet in mind, there is a legitimate chance that this was just stupid, rather than stupid as well as malevolent. With it happening at 5:10 in the afternoon...they weren't exactly being sneaky. Major :facepalm: if it's as bad as it looks (and that was definitely my first reaction before reading through this thread). Nothing to do with him being a Nebraska player or not, but, very little to go on and we'll know when we know.

You know I never thought about this, but it would probably be a good idea to make sure to keep some proof that the bike is actually yours. Otherwise if you get caught doing this how would you prove it was really yours.

It's just crazy for me to think that kids with such a gift would just throw it away. I really hope that this is a big misunderstanding.

I think Bo has proved that he will take the proper steps in punishment when he needs to. He definitely isn't James Franklin, Joe Paterno, or Jimbo Fisher.

• Fire 3

Once I had to saw through my own bike lock because it had rusted up and I couldn't open it. Some guy walked by and was like, "REALLY?!" -- he didn't call the police, but I suppose if he had, it's possible they could have decided to hit me up with some charge.

So, taking Sip's tweet in mind, there is a legitimate chance that this was just stupid, rather than stupid as well as malevolent. With it happening at 5:10 in the afternoon...they weren't exactly being sneaky. Major :facepalm: if it's as bad as it looks (and that was definitely my first reaction before reading through this thread). Nothing to do with him being a Nebraska player or not, but, very little to go on and we'll know when we know.

1 yes. What about the other 6? +1 on the "available scholly" list Mavric. 15 or 16 now? We'll be 20 by they time signing day rolls around. Always are. You can always count on 18 year old kids to come through for ya when the roster space is tight.

I having been looking for a situation to compare this to as a way to try and prediction the outcome for Bando. A LSU DL stole a bike on campus this past April https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/lsu-dl-frank-herron-arrested-for-stealing-a-bicycle-215807639.html. It sounds like it was written off as a prank, and he got a few fingers wagged in his general direction. Maybe Bando was just trying to one up (or seven up) LSU. Of course, Les Miles overlooks this for the most part,

Certainly he’s going to be run into a much leaner position. He’s going to do community service. He’s going to sustain whatever the school would suggest. But the truth of the matter is that we are expecting to wear him out internally.
I can tell you he’s a wonderful kid

Then, you have Winstom stealing $32 crab legs from a Publix, and he gets a game suspension from baseball.

I guess Bando was corporative and admitted guilt.

Per a police official speaking to the Associated Press, Banderas and Keifer were cooperative, with one admitting to officers they had stolen the bikes and calling the decision "bone-headed."

Maybe if he can plead guilt to a misdemeanor rather than a felony, he could be looking a a few game suspension (at most the year). :dunno

You know I never thought about this, but it would probably be a good idea to make sure to keep some proof that the bike is actually yours. Otherwise if you get caught doing this how would you prove it was really yours.

At my campus, you could register your bikes with campus security. I had neglected to do so, though...

From what I'm hearing, I'd be surprised if Banderas ends up with a felony. More than meets the eye here. Careful judging this too harshly.

There had better be a FANTASTIC explanation for this. As it stands, there's just about 0.00000000001% chance this is nothing more than a total dick move.

Reading Sipple's column, it sounds like he didn't mean he'd get nothing but probably end up being charged with - or pleading to - a lesser charge. But the last sentence (fragment) in the tweet is still a little odd.

I always like to wait before making any assumptions about the quilt of anyone that is only been charged with a crime. Until he is convicted he is innocent, and we should allow the legal process to continue. We have seen plenty of mistakes that have cost people their careers, such as duke lacrosse rape scandal. I am all for suspending him from the team for the time being, but anything more is an over reaction and is silly considering we know almost nothing about what really happened.

Normally I would be the wait and see type but this seems pretty clear cut. Like Knap said, not much can explain this one away.

The problem is there is a possibility that he is innocent, or the charges make it sound much worse than it is. For all we know he had his bike stolen, and realized that the row of bikes contained his and others that belong to teammates that also had theirs stolen. Went out got a bolt cutter and took them back. Regardless of the circumstances anyone who is charged with a crime, is innocent until proven guilty. I find it strange we are so quick to pass judgement on a kid without knowing any real facts.

I understand there's the possibility, but it's not really a murder mystery, and to put yourself in that situation in the first place was stupid. Someone saw them in the act, the guys were picked up with bikes that weren't theirs, in possession of burglar's tools (but aren't we all?), and let out on bail. Those my friend are the facts, and they seem pretty damning on their own. I feel like they probably wouldn't have have been charged and let out on bail if the cops and attorneys felt like there was a prank going on.

Once school was out the students had til the 12th to remove their bikes before it's becomes UNL property. Husker fans are so idiotic to think these guys own 7 bikes? If they were theirs how come they didn't have keys for any locks? Let's use our brains people, this is clearly a case of two students stealing bikes off campus to mAke a quick buck nothing else. If it was THEIR bikes they could of easily asked UNL police to cut their bike off the rack but they didn't. I don't know who is dumber, banderas or half the people who comment on this board

• Fire 1

Once school was out the students had til the 12th to remove their bikes before it's becomes UNL property. Husker fans are so idiotic to think these guys own 7 bikes? If they were theirs how come they didn't have keys for any locks? Let's use our brains people, this is clearly a case of two students stealing bikes off campus to mAke a quick buck nothing else. If it was THEIR bikes they could of easily asked UNL police to cut their bike off the rack but they didn't. I don't know who is dumber, banderas or half the people who comment on this board

What about students who stick around during the summer? They can't ride bikes and lock them up on campus during the summer without them being confiscated by UNL?????? That makes little to no sense.