Cats: Boy's best friend

Real gf and real catS

can i get your address, i have something i want to send you:

9781613125458_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

2 cats does not a crazy cat man make

2 in the hand better than 1 in the bush? Wait, what was that old saying chuckleshuffle

Once again, you're saying nothing about how these dogs were raised and trained. Pitbulls that cause problems do so because their owners do not raise and train them properly. It's a human problem, not an animal problem.

I can point you to a host of stupid laws enacted throughout every single country in the world. Just because something is signed into law doesn't make it a good idea or based on any kind of common sense. That you even tried to make that argument is beyond hilarious. "Places have laws against it, so it must be legit!' f'ing hilarious, so you find all things signed into law based on common sense, do you?

Fair argument but the laws specifically pit bulls. Why? Never mention Doberman, boxer, poodle, collie, etc. even German shepherd. Oh well, I guess UK, France, Italy, Norway, Australia, etc., etc., etc. was stupid and senseless laws.

I'm with ya Ebyl. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this (or any) breed of dog. It has everything to do with how they are socialized, treated, and raised. Sure some breeds have the ability to be more dangerous because of selective breeding traits but the problem is human beings not the breed of dog. My business partner has a rescued pit bull and it is the sweetest dog you could ever meet. I used to be fairly deep into obedience training dogs. I've seen a pretty wide ranging gamut of dogs and owners and the one thing I am sure of is, behavior problems in dogs are the fault of the owner or previous owners.

See, I think that is the point. If the dog/animal has to be trained and handled so very well and with such care and precision, isn't that a problem?

I could make an argument that I could train a baby grizzly bear to be kind and gentle and caring...but would you want it around your family? What about a venomous snake? How about poisonous spiders and/or scorpions (All of which I had at one time when I worked in a pet shop and a few I had to purchase illegally)

So, if it is that big of a deal, why not only sell certain breeds to certain people? I can't fly a plane without lessons, why not do the same thing with certain dogs? I can't drive a car without passing a test...

So, if the "stupid" part are the owners, why not try to limit that "stupid" part? Seems like it would make sense.

Lets say you had to pass a 200 dollar "course" that lasted a total of 40 hours...would that cut back on the idiot owners? I would think so

You're making an assumption that dogs of this breed are predisposed to aggression or violence. You would have to prove that basis to me.

This breed does not need to be handled or trained with care and precision, they just need to not be handled poorly or taught the aggressive behavior. Yes, they will always have powerful jaws that can lock on their target, that may be somewhat unique to the breed, but I guarantee you I could take any pit bull, rotty, whatever from a puppy and it would never ever be a danger to anyone. It would not take any more special consideration or care than I have given my cocker spaniels, basset hound, golden retriever, Labradors, pekapoo, or any other breed I have ever owned over the years.

Can pit bulls be dangerous? Absolutely. Are there a lot of problem pit bulls? Absolutely. Are there people that should not be allowed to have pit bulls? Absolutely, more than likely the exact same people that should not be allowed to be responsible for any breed of dog, ever.

Goddamn I hate this new quoting system. What a piece of sh#t. Brilliant move.

Anyway, nearly all large dogs really need a degree of knowledge and work to make them decent pets. Some are easier to deal with than others, and some harder. Most people I see with dogs obviously have no idea how to actually handle and raise them. They just get by and hope sh#t doesn't go wrong.

I would have no problem requiring anyone owning any kind of dog at all to at least take some basic training. There are a lot of people that really shouldn't own a dog, especially a big one. Good luck passing legislation like that, though.

I was wondering when someone would blunder into the wild animals vs dogs argument. It's a complete non-starter. Domestic dogs are not wild animals, unlike bears, snakes, spiders, scorpions, etc. No matter how much you "train" those things, they will always be wild animals. Domestic dogs are not the same at all. To even compare the situations really brings to light how little some people understand about this kind of thing. All domestic dogs have been bred into the instinct of loving and trusting their owners - a person has to work against the instinct to turn a dog into a problem. Wild animals have no such breeding.

To be honest, if you're not dealing with a rescue pitbull, it's not that much work. They're good, loyal, and loving dogs. You basically do all the normal dog training everyone should do, and then just be a little more careful when they're around other dogs. Well socialized and adjusted pitbulls are no more likely to go after people than any other breed with a similar upbringing.

Once again, you're saying nothing about how these dogs were raised and trained. Pitbulls that cause problems do so because their owners do not raise and train them properly. It's a human problem, not an animal problem..........

Fair argument but the laws specifically pit bulls. Never mentions Doberman, boxer, poodle, collie, etc. even German shepherd. Oh well, I guess UK, France, Italy, Norway, Australia, etc., etc., etc. was stupid and senseless laws.

You are correct, they are stupid and senseless laws. I'm glad you're finally starting to understand.

• Fire 1

We had laws against alcohol here once. That was a good law, right? It was signed into law, it must have been good, right?? What about laws against gay marriage? Laws allowing slavery? Goddamn, those sound like some good laws to me! They must be good, someone signed them into law at some point!!

• Fire 1

We had laws against alcohol here once. That was a good law, right? It was signed into law, it must have been good, right?? What about laws against gay marriage? Laws allowing slavery? Goddamn, those sound like some good laws to me! They must be good, someone signed them into law at some point!!

Numerous counties in Texas was dry (alcohol). How about marijuana? Death penalty laws?

Numerous counties in Texas was dry (alcohol). How about marijuana? Death penalty laws?

Hello lamp. Hello pants.

• Fire 1

Pythons are wild animals and are also an invasive species, nether of which describes pitbulls. Laws against something, past, present, or future, do not necessarily mean anything, as I've already shown. So do you have anything, anything AT ALL, to support your belief? Because so far you're batting...0.