2014 NCAA Baseball Tournament

Let's worry about getting out of the regional before we talk supers. All i heard in basketball forums was a matchup with Creighton again

Yes, CSF always has one of the best pitching staffs it won't be a cake walk.

Nope. More worried than CSF than Okie Lite at this point, to be honest. Okie Lite has been up and down in what was a relatively weaker-than-normal Big XII this year.

CSF, while bad on the road, has the hot hand and has always been a good NCAA Tournament team. They'll be ready--Okie Lite...who knows?

@Husker_Baseball: Chance Sinclair will start Friday for the No. 19 #Huskers against Cal State Fullerton

YES! chuckleshuffle That makes me feel a ton better!

Sinclair has been great, along with all the other starter really. My question would be is DeLeon even available this weekend?? I had heard last Saturday that he threw a bullpen session of only 28 pitches and all were fastballs. Sounds like he still has a ways to go, which is tough considering we really need him. I think Erstad might be regretting leaving him in so late in games when we have had a pretty decent back end of the bullpen pitching this year. However, hard to say I could blame him either.

Anyone else hearing anything on DeLeon?

Baseball America Stillwater Region Preview

Nebraska came on strong down the stretch last year but lost in the Big Ten title game to Indiana to finish one game below .500 on the season, making it ineligible for an at-large berth. The Huskers built on that momentum in coach Darin Erstad’s third season this spring, reaching the 40-win plateau for the first time since 2008. Erstad was famously hard-nosed during his playing days, and his team shares his blue-collar ethic. They consistently grind out quality at-bats, leading the Big Ten in walks and sacrifice bunts. They’re also a fundamentally sound defensive club, leading the conference and ranking 18th nationally with a .977 fielding percentage. The Huskers have two very exciting up-the-middle talents in 2B Pat Kelly (.312/.371/.416, 4 HR, 55 RBI) and CF Ryan Boldt (.302/.375/.413), two defensive standouts who drive the gaps and run the bases well. On the corners, Michael Pritchard (.311/.380/.478 with a team-best 21 doubles), Austin Darby and Blake Headley provide physicality and experience, and so does catcher Tanner Lubach. The pitching staff is led by funky, deceptive lefties Aaron Bummer (7-4, 3.59) and Kyle Kubat (5-2, 4.55) and righthander Chance Sinclair (9-1, 2.29). The 6-foot-4 Sinclair throws strikes with three pitches and has big-game experience from his junior-college days, when he led Neosho (Kan.) to the junior college world series. Another key starter, bulldog righthander Christian DeLeon (5-2, 2.46), has missed three weeks with an arm injury and is day to day heading into the regional. Upperclassmen Josh Roeder (3-1, 2.70, 12 SV) and Zach Hirsch (4-1, 1.32, 4 SV) give Nebraska a pair of trustworthy veterans anchoring the bullpen.

UNLV will give the Beavers a run for their money. Depending on how they work their rotation I K ow they have 2 top notch pitchers. One of which is looking to be a 1st rounder in the upcoming draft. IF nebraska would happen to have the chips fall their way and UNLV, Nebraska could host the super.... not sure how the seeding is between the 2.