2014 NCAA Baseball Tournament

UNLV will give the Beavers a run for their money. Depending on how they work their rotation I K ow they have 2 top notch pitchers. One of which is looking to be a 1st rounder in the upcoming draft. IF nebraska would happen to have the chips fall their way and UNLV, Nebraska could host the super.... not sure how the seeding is between the 2.

Yea I have no idea how they determine host site if two of the same seeds advance.

While of course it would be great to have DeLeon back the thing that worries most about this team is their inability to score runs and wasted opportunities. is it just me or does this team consistently get runners in scoring position with 0 or 1 out and then fail to score runs? Conversely, it seems as if teams are having very good 2-out success against the Huskers. in fact, i think 95huskers and huskrfan4life compiled the statistics on this last item. Even with Deleon's injury i think we still have the pitching to be extremely competitive in this regional. Probably a rather obvious statement, but the Husker's ability to score more than 3 or 4 runs a game will decide if they advance, or not.

Doubtful that he'll pitch. Still hadn't thrown a breaking ball last I heard. May be available it a specific situation but I wouldn't count on him.

Damn it !

My wild guess, Tommy John surgery.

Coach already said a week+ ago that all MRI/CT scans or whatever else they did showed no structural damage and TJ would not be necessary.

While of course it would be great to have DeLeon back the thing that worries most about this team is their inability to score runs and wasted opportunities. is it just me or does this team consistently get runners in scoring position with 0 or 1 out and then fail to score runs? Conversely, it seems as if teams are having very good 2-out success against the Huskers. in fact, i think 95huskers and huskrfan4life compiled the statistics on this last item. Even with Deleon's injury i think we still have the pitching to be extremely competitive in this regional. Probably a rather obvious statement, but the Husker's ability to score more than 3 or 4 runs a game will decide if they advance, or not.

It should be a fun regional. And as I have stated before I would love to win this region and believe we can, I will be more than satisfied if this team puts themselves in position to win this region. Ie if nebraska is facing Okie lite in regional championship and happen to have 1 loss, to force a game two would be satisfactory to me.

Doubtful that he'll pitch. Still hadn't thrown a breaking ball last I heard. May be available it a specific situation but I wouldn't count on him.

Damn it !

My wild guess, Tommy John surgery.

Coach already said a week+ ago that all MRI/CT scans or whatever else they did showed no structural damage and TJ would not be necessary.

I don't trust MRI scan anymore. T-Mart initially symptoms was a simple turf toe injury. Pelini Erstad famous quote .... "it's fine" ???

Cal State Fullerton was probably not in the tournament two weeks ago. Now CSF won 10 of its last 12. Plus traditional power and four-time national champion (CWS winners). I'm shocked ! ..... CSF instead of Dallas Baptist.

Starting CSF pitchers:

Wiest - 1.55 ERA

Eshelman - 1.92 ERA

Bickford - 2.03 ERA

Garza - 2.51 ERA

Reliever:

Kuhl - 1.04 ERA

Gauna - 1.45 ERA

Pessimist here ......

Cal State Fullerton was probably not in the tournament two weeks ago. Now CSF won 10 of its last 12. Plus traditional power and four-time national champion (CWS winners). I'm shocked ! ..... CSF instead of Dallas Baptist.

Starting CSF pitchers:

Wiest - 1.55 ERA

Eshelman - 1.92 ERA

Bickford - 2.03 ERA

Garza - 2.51 ERA

Reliever:

Kuhl - 1.04 ERA

Gauna - 1.45 ERA

Pessimist here ......

are these ERAs from the last 10 games? they don't make sense for a full schedule considering they have lost 22 games. either that or they commit 10 errors a game.

Starting CSF pitchers:

Wiest - 1.55 ERA

Eshelman - 1.92 ERA

Bickford - 2.03 ERA

Garza - 2.51 ERA

Reliever:

Kuhl - 1.04 ERA

Gauna - 1.45 ERA

Pessimist here ......

are these ERAs from the last 10 games? they don't make sense for a full schedule considering they have lost 22 games. either that or they commit 10 errors a game.

I'm pretty sure these are earned run averages from the season, they have excellent pitching.