2014 NCAA Baseball Tournament

BqgTy12CMAAX6S2.png

Had a few requests to compare regional/supers scoring stats to #CWS figures. Here ya go

More interesting stats when you add in the regionals and super regionals. In 2010 (prior to TDAP) the stats dropped from national average to regionals, to supers to CWS. Every year, all stats have been dropping from prior years even though the park hasn't changed since 2011.

Just a couple weeks ago, the Big Ten tourney had 8 HRs over the span of 13 games. That is an average of .615 per game.

NEWS FLASH: It's NOT the ball park. It's the pitching and the bat change that has made the bigger difference.

I bet we see a big difference next year with the change in the balls.

BqgTy12CMAAX6S2.png

Had a few requests to compare regional/supers scoring stats to #CWS figures. Here ya go

More interesting stats when you add in the regionals and super regionals. In 2010 (prior to TDAP) the stats dropped from national average to regionals, to supers to CWS. Every year, all stats have been dropping from prior years even though the park hasn't changed since 2011.

Just a couple weeks ago, the Big Ten tourney had 8 HRs over the span of 13 games. That is an average of .615 per game.

NEWS FLASH: It's NOT the ball park. It's the pitching and the bat change that has made the bigger difference.

One can only hope.

BqgTy12CMAAX6S2.png

One can only hope.

There was a discussion of changing the core and the seams... but now it sounds like the only change to the ball may be the seams only... so i guess we will see

Mitch Sherman@mitchsherman 34m

Game 3 of the CWS finals was third-highest rates baseball game (college or pro) this year and most watched CWS game since 2009.

Wow that is impressive. CWS really finding it's place.

Glad it was popular on TV, cause the stands sure looked empty from my couch.

Set a total CWS attendance record this year. Averaged almost 22K a game. Not bad for a series filled with mostly small private schools and little to no offense.