19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think I've read there are other breeds more likely to attack. But the thing is, other breeds don't have the potential for damage that pit bulls have.

Kind of reminds me of people who say airplanes are more safe than cars. Car crashes can be survived.

That's a terrible analogy. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-45030345

News that all 103 passengers survived a plane crash in Mexico's Durango state on Tuesday may seem incredible, especially given the dramatic pictures of the smoking wreckage.

Almost all those on board were injured in the accident, but most reportedly walked away from the wreckage with only light injuries.

How unusual is this? Well, surprisingly, it may not be as rare as you'd think.

What are our odds of surviving an accident?
Put simply, there is no clear-cut answer - just as we can't definitively say how survivable car accidents are, because it depends entirely on the circumstances.

But when the US National Transportation Safety Board did a review of national aviation accidents from 1983-1999, it found that more than 95% of aircraft occupants survived accidents, including 55% in the most serious incidents.

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

That's a terrible analogy. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-45030345

Good to know, although I don't know how they define a plane crash or accident. I read some of the research in a link in the article, and I didn't see it defined. I know how we would define it, but a paper like that should define it explicitly so I don't have to wonder. I did find this so it probably doesn't matter much.

phase_en.gif

https://flightsafety.org/fsd/fsd_oct01.pdf

• 1 month later...

I have a coworker that does it - we are field based so I only see her a couple times a year.  At first (when I didn't know her well) I offered a tissue, and she said "no thanks" it was the carpets in the hotel and she forgot her allergy pill, so I gave her some Zyrtec and she said she needed nose spray.  Next meeting it was the entire week.  I honestly don't think I can handle another meeting.

I carry tissue around now in my late forties like I'm a grandmother who sobs all the time, but I can't handle sniffing personally and potentially driving people crazy.  Would rather be the tissue lady.

Here is one that’s bothersome. 

The fact that laundry never is actually done. Meaning, unless you stay naked for considerable amount of time after you do laundry.....it’s never done because you are making more dirty clothes as you are doing laundry. 

You can sit back and appreciate the work you did on a rainy Saturday afternoon while washing, drying, folding, ironing, putting away....but you really aren’t ever done doing laundry.