6 hours ago, desertshox said:

you know you can just fold the mirrors in.

I know that - why doesn’t the person with the truck know it?  They’re an otherwise very intelligent person.  I am 1/2 tempted to pull the suckers in and see if he takes a hint. (Because passive aggressive)  He was directly on the line the other day which means his driver side mirror was really into the next space.

2 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

I know that - why doesn’t the person with the truck know it?  They’re an otherwise very intelligent person.  I am 1/2 tempted to pull the suckers in and see if he takes a hint. (Because passive aggressive)  He was directly on the line the other day which means his driver side mirror was really into the next space.

That's not passive aggressive - it's thoughtful and practical.

Passive aggressive is the plan I have to print out business cards to stick on peoples windshields when needed that say:

• "Nice parking job Martha!"  
  • "Don't worry about the lines they don't mean anything"  
  • "See if you can find what I did to your car because of how close you decided to park to me"
  • "Are you frick$ng kidding me?"
  • "You definitely deserve 2 spaces - see if you can cover three next time"
  • "I'm going to assume you are visually impaired and couldn't see the other cars here."
  • "Bob's Parking School - 508-555-1212 - call today for a free class"
  • "You are awesome!  I really wanted to limbo in/out of my car today"
  • "I'm sure you just forgot to put the handicapped placard up?" (for those who park in handicapped spots)
  • "Way to go with the parking - karma stinks."
  • Thanks for (choose one):
    • Parking across the line - being in the center is overrated.
    • Not pulling forward/backward enough - I get it, you were tired.
    • Taking up more than one space - you deserve it.
    • Dropping your garbage on the ground - that's right where it belongs.
    • Parking so close I can't get into my car - I was lonesome and appreciated the chance to rub up against something.
    • Neglecting to flip your mirrors - I love concussions.
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

That's not passive aggressive - it's thoughtful and practical.

Passive aggressive is the plan I have to print out business cards to stick on peoples windshields when needed that say:

• "Nice parking job Martha!"  
  • "Don't worry about the lines they don't mean anything"  
  • "See if you can find what I did to your car because of how close you decided to park to me"
  • "Are you frick$ng kidding me?"
  • "You definitely deserve 2 spaces - see if you can cover three next time"
  • "I'm going to assume you are visually impaired and couldn't see the other cars here."
  • "Bob's Parking School - 508-555-1212 - call today for a free class"
  • "You are awesome!  I really wanted to limbo in/out of my car today"
  • "I'm sure you just forgot to put the handicapped placard up?" (for those who park in handicapped spots)
  • "Way to go with the parking - karma stinks."
  • Thanks for (choose one):
    • Parking across the line - being in the center is overrated.
    • Not pulling forward/backward enough - I get it, you were tired.
    • Taking up more than one space - you deserve it.
    • Dropping your garbage on the ground - that's right where it belongs.
    • Parking so close I can't get into my car - I was lonesome and appreciated the chance to rub up against something.
    • Neglecting to flip your mirrors - I love concussions.

Trophy for this! 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about other parts of the state/country, but in Omaha, improper user of "seen" and "saw" is very prevalent in the black communities of northwest and north Omaha. It's often cultural linguistics.

I think a lot of people know the difference between the two, but if their family/friend networks speak improperly for one reason or another, they're going to be inclined to do the same. I remember my high school AP English teacher called a girl out for this one day. The girl definitely knew the right thing to say because she clapped her hand to her mouth right after she said it, giggled, and then corrected herself.

16 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I don't know about other parts of the state/country, but in Omaha, improper user of "seen" and "saw" is very prevalent in the black communities of northwest and north Omaha. It's often cultural linguistics.

I think a lot of people know the difference between the two, but if their family/friend networks speak improperly for one reason or another, they're going to be inclined to do the same. I remember my high school AP English teacher called a girl out for this one day. The girl definitely knew the right thing to say because she clapped her hand to her mouth right after she said it, giggled, and then corrected herself.

I have three friends who always use seen/saw improperly.  It drives me crazy and I have to grit my teeth.

5 hours ago, GSG said:

The seen/saw thing seems to be very Nebraskan. My dad does it a lot. (He pronounces measure as MAY-zure) I have a coworker originally from Kearney and she does the seen/saw thing too. Drives me nuts 

How do you pronounce measure? You're fonetic spelling looked right tu me.

Srsly tho....that's how I say it.....I think.

6 hours ago, GSG said:

The seen/saw thing seems to be very Nebraskan. My dad does it a lot. (He pronounces measure as MAY-zure) I have a coworker originally from Kearney and she does the seen/saw thing too. Drives me nuts 

I seem to hear the "seen" nonsense a lot more out here in southern Ohio than I did when I lived in Nebraska. Whenever I hear it, I automatically make assumptions about the education level of the person who utters it.

Now what about the people who pronounce "wash" as "warsh?" Where the hell is that damn R coming from?