Slow drivers that stay in the fast lane(s).

People who incorrectly use the words seen/saw. "I seen Mike at the store." instead of "I saw Mike at the store."

Another one I've noticed the last year is the usage of the words fewer/less.

Incorrect Example: There are less gallons in a 50 gallon tank than in a 100 gallon tank.

Correct Example: There are fewer gallons in a 50 gallon tank than in a 100 gallon tank.

Rant over.

Ha ha! And here I thought I was the only one who noticed, or cared about, usage of fewer/less. For me "fewer" is used for discrete quantities: "There are fewer gallons in a 50 gallon tank than in a 100 gallon tank." But the word "less" is used for continuous quantities: "There is less water in a 50 gallon tank than in a 100 gallon tank." :lol:

Words used improperly in speech irritates me all the time. Which is odd because I am not really good at writing when it comes to spelling and punctuation. But, speech was a major part of my education growing up and I have always found miss use of words irritating.

How about when someone says...."I could care less"...trying to mean that they really don't care?

Good Lord.....don't you have any place you need to get to?

This is me. I walk fast. I drive fast. I want to get where I'm going quite quickly so I can do the things I'm going there for.

I'm not driving to the hardware store so I can spend my time getting there, I need something there and I need to get back to use that thing. Or walking - I'm not in the grocery store to amble around on vacation seeing all the neat sights, I'm there to get stuff so I can go home and cook.

I cannot stand people who spend MY TIME dickering around doing their little piddlefart things. You want to go slow? Fine, OK, go slow.

But get the hell out of my way.

• Fire 2

Words used improperly in speech irritates me all the time. Which is odd because I am not really good at writing when it comes to spelling and punctuation. But, speech was a major part of my education growing up and I have always found miss use of words irritating.

How about when someone says...."I could care less"...trying to mean that they really don't care?

Be careful. Protect mental disability people. Like me, massive stroke survivor. Actually blood clot in my neck - old injury - just like pitcher J.R. Richards and even Tommy Frazier thus speech center totally destroyed, difficult to make simple words and/or correct punctuation sentences, severe stuttering problem, etc. Luckily, my memory is intact except names including my family.

From 1976 to 1980, he was one of the premier pitchers in the majors, leading the National League twice in strikeouts, once in earned run average, and three times in hits allowed per nine innings, winning at least 18 games between 1976 and 1979.[2] On July 30, 1980, J.R. Richard suffered a stroke and collapsed while playing a game of catch before an Astros game, and was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery to remove a life-threatening blood clot in his neck. His condition brought a sudden end to his major league career at the age of 30.[3] His 313 strikeouts in 1979 remains an Astros franchise record, and he held the team's record for career strikeouts (1,493)

Sob story ends ....... back to this thread topic

Heres a good one. Farmer at the gas station with only 2 pump stations rolls in with a 20' trailer with a 4 wheeler on it. Pulls up to the farthest pump so his trailer blocks the other one. While on the other side another farmer sits between the two pumps with his hood up. Hence, my weekly trip to my friendly neighborhood gas station was ruined and I wound up having to go another mile.

This is me. I walk fast. I drive fast. I want to get where I'm going quite quickly so I can do the things I'm going there for.

I'm not driving to the hardware store so I can spend my time getting there, I need something there and I need to get back to use that thing. Or walking - I'm not in the grocery store to amble around on vacation seeing all the neat sights, I'm there to get stuff so I can go home and cook.

I cannot stand people who spend MY TIME dickering around doing their little piddlefart things. You want to go slow? Fine, OK, go slow.

But get the hell out of my way.

Definitely +1 on this. I get accused by people for walking too fast. Like a few months ago when I was in Vegas with a bunch of people. I was the one who knew where the restaurant was we were going to so they were following me. I wasn't rushing. I was just walking in a manner as to get to where I was going. I guess if they want to lollygag then they don't need me to buy their supper at a nice restaurant.

Slow drivers in the left lane

People who don't use their turn signal

Texting while driving.

People that can't handle driving while talking on the phone. It really shouldn't cause you to have to slow down and wander all over the road dips$&ts. If you can't handle it, leave your phone at home, or better yet, stay the f#*k off the road.

Cashiers (usually at Walmart) who don't know what the f#*k they're doing. It ain't rocket science people.

Fast food drive thru help when they don't have the common courtesy to say Thank You. I just waited ten minutes to get some cold, greasy, unhealthy crap food that is going to take years off my life, the least you can do is thank me for it. And the worst is when they have you pull forward and wait even longer because they weren't sharp enough to realize they were going to get extra busy at lunch or supper time.

I've got more but I need to take a break while my BP returns to normal levels.

- People that walk slower than me in confined spaces - and I'm not a fast walker

I would be your worst enemy. I've never encountered someone that walks slower than I.

Yes. I sometimes I think to myself, "maybe I sure hurry". Then I always manage to convince myself "ehh, it'll probably still be there even if I take my time", and I'm always right. That's the thing with places, they don't move around a lot.

Also, cool people just walk slow. I think it's engrained in our DNA. My entire life is a leisurely Sunday stroll.