So apparently Paul Meyers resigned, again

There are casualties in any large operation when there is a change in leadership. Given the past errors and struggles when there were attempts of continuity between leadership change, this could be an instance where change is good.

Anyone worried about a donor drop off or tickets going unsold, well I would hasten to say fielding a team projected by most to finish third in it's division....something that's NEVER been ok in this program, is a far bigger issue than who's calling the donor in. North stadium.

:thumbs

I was sorry to see Paul Meyers’ departure from the University of Nebraska. Whatever the cause, it’s a mistake. Meyers belongs in college sports. He would make a terrific athletic director. If there was ever a thought about Meyers growing into the A.D. job at NU, his alma mater should have groomed him for it, beefed up his résumé with more responsibility for when Tom Osborne retired. It brought him back as a fundraiser, and now he’s gone. It’s too bad. I wish Meyers well. I hope he stays in the college game. It’s hard to leave home, but I hope he gets in the athletic director game. With his people skills, common sense wisdom, and passion as a former player and coach, college sports could use more like him.

http://www.omaha.com/sports/shatel-meyers-departure-a-big-loss-for-nu/article_1d36f9a0-9226-5e36-ad70-0434230ef747.html