So apparently Paul Meyers resigned, again

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 34m

Unsure what Pelini will say officially, if anything, but Paul Meyers' resignation is tough news for Pelini. Meyers was a confidant of Bo's.

If what I'm hearing is accurate, this does not shock me one bit.

Please, do not go on.

Generally, Meyers is probably highly responsible for the reliability of some of the highest ranking donorS. And probably the same donors that from what I heard, possibly saved Bo's job after the Iowa game. Just typical hearsay chitter-chatter that's probably being referred to here.

Generally, Meyers is probably highly responsible for the reliability of some of the highest ranking donor. And probably the same donors that from what I heard, possibly saved Bo's job after the Iowa game. Just typical hearsay chitter-chatter that's probably being referred to here.

i am not sure you just said anything at all.

• Fire 3

But in the end, I aint gonna lie. This news, combined with the news of the other guy leaving does have me a little on edge. Meyers was a mainstay in that office. And this resignation seem quite outta left field. I dont recall any indication that this was coming. It was Meyer's sudden departure in '07 that led to the complete house-cleaning of Pedersen and such. So we know how important he was. And then of course we had the widely discussed speculation of the admin not spending as much on football as maybe they should be and so on. Now our top fund-raiser/PR guy resigns.

I wont lead anything into the advertising of the ticket waiting list. Because that's what it is. Theyre not advertising to sell tickets. Theyre already sold. Theyre trying to replenish the waiting list. We just opened a new expansion that gobbled up 5000+ butts of that waiting list, so we had to know that list was gonna take a significant hit. So my opinion is that that may be the least of the issues at play here.

Bottom line. One would think there really has to be something going on here.

• Fire 2

Generally, Meyers is probably highly responsible for the reliability of some of the highest ranking donor. And probably the same donors that from what I heard, possibly saved Bo's job after the Iowa game. Just typical hearsay chitter-chatter that's probably being referred to here.

LOL. Right?

I've just heard some things too. But didnt wanna portray it as gospel. So I decided to type it out and throw in a bundle of disclaimer words.

Next time I'll just plug in a bunch of random apostrophies.

• Fire 1

LOL. Right?

I've just heard some things too. But didnt wanna portray it as gospel. So I decided to type it out and throw in a bundle of disclaimer words.

Next time I'll just plug in a bunch of random apostrophies.

your next post was much more interesting. i was just giving you a hard time for all of the qualifiers, but i knew what you were getting at.

Anyone truly surprised he is leaving after being passed up for the AD job?

Not shocked. But dissapointed.

Now if this is the result of trying to infuse some outside influences with some new and transcending ideas to continue to advance the dept. and it works, I'm all for it. But it still doesnt settle me. It coulda been anyone but Meyers. It's very unsettling to say the least. And I really dont know jack sh#t. Just looking in from the outside.

There are casualties in any large operation when there is a change in leadership. Given the past errors and struggles when there were attempts of continuity between leadership change, this could be an instance where change is good.

Anyone worried about a donor drop off or tickets going unsold, well I would hasten to say fielding a team projected by most to finish third in it's division....something that's NEVER been ok in this program, is a far bigger issue than who's calling the donor in. North stadium.

• Fire 3

Meyers was here under Byrne. Here under Pedersen. Here under Osborne. Here under Eichorst. It's pretty difficult to pass this off as a "casualty of leadership change". Like I said, Meyers's value is so high to this dept, that his last departure RESULTED in a leadership change.

As far as the donor drop off and ticket sales issues, I wanna be clear that I myself are not concerned. I already explained my thoughts on the advertising for the waiting list. And I believe donor dollars have been just fine as of late, if not excellent. My curiousity is what happens from here on out without Paul.

It sounds like Paul Meyers isn't the only departure of the "old-guard." According to Rich Kaipust of the Omaha World Herald, Doak Ostergard's job status with the Nebraska Athletic Department is currently unclear.

Here is the link: http://www.omaha.com/huskers/former-trainer-could-be-next-to-leave-nu/article_7fc5f75b-107e-5731-896f-2f9a0527252a.html

In my opinion something fishy seems to be going on inside the walls of the Nebraska Athletic Department.

• Fire 1

I think some people are reading too much into this. I can't see anywhere else where an assistant AD leaving has so many people in panic mode. Especially one who pushed hard for the AD job and did not get it. I don't know many people in any field that hang around after getting passed over for a promotion they thought they deserved.

And I have been one of those very critical of Pelini, but thinking this is in some way a precursor to ousting him is simply dumb. That will be completely dependent on what happens on the field in the fall.

Regardless, I'm puttin my money down that he's back in the dept in some capacity within a year.

Meyers or Doak?

Meyers

Sorry.

Just a hunch out of left field. Just being from the outside looking in and seeing what he's done, who he knows, I cant possibly understand how you could let someone like that walk, regardless of what led to such.

Lincoln Journal-Star reports that Nebraska associate athletic director Paul Meyers is no longer in his role as chief fundraiser for the athletic department. Also, Ohio University has hired NU's associate athletic director for marketing Michael Stephens as senior athletic director for external operations. For an athletic department that prides itself on continuity, two major high level departures are eyebrow-raising.

http://www.cornnation.com/2014/6/4/5779734/nebraska-athletic-department-loses-paul-meyers-and-michael-stephens

Take it FWIW but Stephens is taking a decent step up - albeit to a smaller school - so that would probably be considered a promotion. Not sure if the two are related.

That one is unrelated... Step up for sure.

That said a lot of unsettling things going on up there.