What's the biggest reason for Blacks not advancing

Here is the deal with Brown. All things aside ref the officer's stop and knowledge or lack of regarding the strong armed robbery, Brown was approached shortly after it occurred. His thought process at the time, IMO, was I am getting stopped for the strong armed robbery. Fight or flight kicks in. Brown either tries to flee (witness story is accurate) or he tries to fight (officers account is accurate).

Cops will stop a person for violation A, not knowing the person has committed violation B. During the stop, suspect thinks its the last crime that was committed.

One person was critically injured and seven were arrested as violence broke out after a midnight curfew was imposed on the St. Louis suburb rocked by the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black teen. Clashes erupted shortly after thecurfew went into effect, with tear gas and the sound of gunshots hitting the streets of Ferguson, Missouri as dozens of protesters stayed out in the driving rain.

Missouri State Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson said at an early morning press conference that one person was shot near the protests and is in critical condition, adding that a police car was fired upon. Johnson said the canisters of smoke and tear gas were used to reach the victim of the shooting, “and not in relation to the curfew.” It was not clear why or how the person was shot, and the shooter was still at large, police said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/ferguson-protests-one-person-shot-seven-arrested-overnight-clashes-n182481

Apologies for having an opinion, sir. It won't happen again, sir.

You see, sir, the only way any of us can view this situation is through our own eyes and our own backgrounds, sir. I can only imagine how I'd react if I was in a similar situation, sir. And sir I don't think I would have shot Mike Brown, sir. I understand that cops have a different background, sir, and that that background leads them to maybe reacting differently in similar situations. But sir I think that even most cops would disagree with mystery cop's actions towards Mike Brown, sir.

First thing, please do not call me sir, I was enlisted, only officers get called sir.

For those LEO's on the board, any kind of situation like that has got to be scary, because you don't know if the guy is armed, how he's going to react, if he's got a bunch of friends waiting for you to slip up. So not having an understanding of these factors on your part is understandable.

Literally yelled "Get the f#*k out of here or I will shoot you with this"

looooooooooooool wow.

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/17/6029739/video-police-threatens-to-shoot-reporter-taping-ferguson-protests?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=mattyglesias&utm_content=monday

In the video, a police officer appears to be heard yelling to a reporter, "Get the f#*k out of here and get that light off, or you're getting shot with this." However, the audio is not entirely clear. Later on, the reporter with KARG Argus radio quotes the police officer as having said to him, "Get the f#*k out of here or I will shoot you with this."