What's the biggest reason for Blacks not advancing

According to the store’s owner, police didn’t issue a subpoena for the store’s surveillance video until last Friday — the day it was provided to the media by police officials, along with the name of Officer Darren Wilson, who fatally shot Brown a few minutes after the incident at the store. Wilson was not aware of the alleged robbery, and he was not pursuing Brown as a suspect. The fatal encounter began when Wilson rebuked Brown and his friend, Dorian Johnson, for jaywalking.

You posted that video as your evidence? :lol: Did you see the look on his friends face when he handed him that box? His friend looked down like, "What is this?!" He didn't pay for the cigars, your link doesn't work either and I doubt it's from a valid source and hasn't been updated since the decision has been made. That video shows that he took several items and the response from the clerk only shows that he did something wrong, i.e. not paying. Then he assaulted the clerk in a separate video posted by the Ferguson Police, which is assault.

Where the hell are you getting that he didn't commit a crime? Did you not see the video of him stealing the cigars from the stop and rob down the street? That's considered a strong armed robbery in the real world. Nevermind assaulting an officer, which is what he did, is considered a crime as well. The real world called...........it's time to wake up.

He paid for the cigars you are talking about, as you can read here https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/did-michael-brown-steal-cigars-or-pay-for-them/ and see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maA1FUJqhew

As for the alleged assault, I'm not expertly aware of the evidence but at best I'm hesitant to say anything either way with any kind of certainty.

This is a dead link, belonging to a anti state website #journalisticneutrality.

You may be right, but you need to try a lot harder.

According to the store’s owner, police didn’t issue a subpoena for the store’s surveillance video until last Friday — the day it was provided to the media by police officials, along with the name of Officer Darren Wilson, who fatally shot Brown a few minutes after the incident at the store. Wilson was not aware of the alleged robbery, and he was not pursuing Brown as a suspect. The fatal encounter began when Wilson rebuked Brown and his friend, Dorian Johnson, for jaywalking.

From the time Wilson left his medical call until the time that the shooting was over and done with was 90 seconds. Did you listen to the results of the grand jury's decision at all tonight? As Wilson was telling them to step up onto the sidewalk and passing them he realized that Brown matched the description of the individual from the theft. That's when he stopped and the altercation escalated from there. You're pulling up stuff that's several months old and just not completely true and patchy at best.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/25/justice/ferguson-grand-jury-documents/index.html?c=homepage-t&page=2

From the actual grand jury testimony released tonight

Wilson said he hoped to arrest Brown

Wilson told the grand jury his original goal was to arrest Brown, after identifying him as a possible suspect in a shop theft.

"My main goal was to keep eyes on him and just to keep him contained until I had people coming there," he testified.

"I knew I had already called for backup and I knew they were already in the area for the stealing that was originally reported. So I thought if I can buy 30 seconds of time, that was my original goal when I tried to get him to come to the car. If I could buy 30 seconds of time, someone else will be here, we can make the arrest, nothing happens, we are all good. And it didn't happen that way."

Either Wilson is a fast healer, or he wasn't necessarily hit that hard.

But I get it. Heat of the moment. Guarantee that 95% of us would do the exact same thing based on reflex alone.

I wasn't saying Wilson is guilty. All I'm saying is I feel like no progress has been made in the last 3 months. Of course, "progress" would have only been made if the grand jury had decided to indict Wilson. It's a miserable situation for everyone involved.

The shittiest thing about this decision is that we are right back at square 1. As long as we don't fully know if Officer Wilson was attacked, there will never be peace on the matter.

He was punched in the face twice, he stated that he didn't know if he could take a third punch to the head to the grand jury. Meaning, he thought he might pass out, that's justification for deadly force as you can't protect yourself if you're unconscious. I'm 5'8" 205 lbs and in, what I think, pretty good shape. I'm not stepping toe to toe with Brown and coming out of that encounter without being pretty messed up. Officer/subject size factor is a consideration when it comes to use of force.

Consider me skeptical of that being the way things went down, as he doesn't look too terribly messed up by those punches the day after:

B3QvgZNCUAAXWxZ.jpg

He's got a fat lip, something went down. You don't have to get bruised and battered to get knocked out. His side arm was discharged in the scuffle as well, meaning that things probably ramped up x1000 at that point.

I think you need to call it a night, get a little better informed and give it a go another time.

• Fire 2

You posted that video as your evidence? :lol: Did you see the look on his friends face when he handed him that box? His friend looked down like, "What is this?!" He didn't pay for the cigars, your link doesn't work either and I doubt it's from a valid source and hasn't been updated since the decision has been made. That video shows that he took several items and the response from the clerk only shows that he did something wrong, i.e. not paying. Then he assaulted the clerk in a separate video posted by the Ferguson Police, which is assault.

Apologies, it screwed up the url when I tried typing afterwards.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/did-michael-brown-steal-cigars-or-pay-for-them/

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/08/ferguson-cops-busted-new-video-seems-show (probably not the most reliable source)

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/15/lawyer-store-didnt-call-cops-on-ferguson-teen-michael-brown/14138121/

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/15/ferguson-chief-officer-didnt-know-about-robbery/14124259/

At best, the evidence in support of him committing theft is far from conclusive, and last I checked, our justice system operates under innocent until proven guilty.

Even given that, if he did rob the store, the fact remains that Wilson did NOT know about it at the time of the confrontation in the street.

But I get it. Heat of the moment. Guarantee that 95% of us would do the exact same thing based on reflex alone.

I wasn't saying Wilson is guilty. All I'm saying is I feel like no progress has been made in the last 3 months. Of course, "progress" would have only been made if the grand jury had decided to indict Wilson. It's a miserable situation for everyone involved.

The justice system worked. I'm not sure how "progress" is the GJ bringing a ridiculous, unfounded indictment. There is a lot of progress that can be made on the larger issues surrounding all this that doesn't involve the GJ essentially saying, "Well, even though there's no good reason under law to actually indict, f#*k it, because hey, some people are mad. Whatevs."

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/did-michael-brown-steal-cigars-or-pay-for-them/

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/08/ferguson-cops-busted-new-video-seems-show (probably not the most reliable source)

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/15/lawyer-store-didnt-call-cops-on-ferguson-teen-michael-brown/14138121/

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/15/ferguson-chief-officer-didnt-know-about-robbery/14124259/

At best, the evidence in support of him committing theft is far from conclusive, and last I checked, our justice system operates under innocent until proven guilty.

Even given that, if he did rob the store, the fact remains that Wilson did NOT know about it at the time of the confrontation in the street.

Read the f'ing testimony a few posts up.

Why isn't the officer being afforded this same opportunity?! He was immediately labeled as guilty and several witnesses stepped forward to testify to what they saw and during this investigation those statements were found to be false on some level and not consistent with what the physical evidence showed. You refuse to read my posts as I stated above Wilson found out a few seconds after he initially contacted Brown that Brown was the suspect in this theft. The evidence is conclusive on him committing the theft, you just refuse to acknowledge that.

• Fire 2

From the time Wilson left his medical call until the time that the shooting was over and done with was 90 seconds. Did you listen to the results of the grand jury's decision at all tonight? As Wilson was telling them to step up onto the sidewalk and passing them he realized that Brown matched the description of the individual from the theft. That's when he stopped and the altercation escalated from there. You're pulling up stuff that's several months old and just not completely true and patchy at best.

Regardless I'm pulling up a direct quote by his police chief. So you're saying there are conflicting versions? Man that is shocking.

The details don't even interest me that much anyways. Reality is what it is, facts are facts and I don't have any of them. All I know is that either evidenced by this or with exception to this, black American males fear for their lives more than they should have to in our country, cops operate with near impunity and a double standard in regards to the legal system, and racist ass white dudes like abdullah the butcher that have never been a legitimate victim of systemic oppression and couldn't possibly understand what it's like love to point and scorn at the black community across the entire country being sick of no progress towards the rights and justice for their people in decades and acting out against it.

Even if Darrin Wilson is 100% just and innocent in what he did, which is a possibility, the response is about more than Wilson and Mike Brown. It's hardly about that at all. It's about what people believe it represents.

I'm not going to touch this with a ten foot pole because I'm in this discussion right now and it would appear like I'm taking sides, but you just personally attacked a poster and called him racist. How you got to that decision I don't know, but you need to take a step back for a second and breath. Cops don't operate with "near impunity and a double standard" you're misinformed and you assume that. It's hilarious and sad at the same time that people like yourself get to judge this situation for what you think it is rather than what it is and have never been put into a situation like this. A grand jury has worked on this for months and came to this conclusion, I don't know what else you people want? It doesn't get more impartial than that and the system that this country was founded on was used and came to this decision.

The justice system worked. I'm not sure how "progress" is the GJ bringing a ridiculous, unfounded indictment. There is a lot of progress that can be made on the larger issues surrounding all this that doesn't involve the GJ essentially saying, "Well, even though there's no good reason under law to actually indict, f#*k it, because hey, some people are mad. Whatevs."

Cops don't operate with "near impunity and a double standard" you're misinformed and you assume that.

In regards to this specific claim I'm not talking about this specifically - I'm explaining that to the people rioting, this situation is representative of the claim. I don't claim to know anything for certain re: Michael Brown and Darrin Wilson. The only thing I know is why people are upset and why protests and riots are happening, and that the reality of racism and oppression towards minorities is very real and legitimate, even if this event isn't the perfect example of it.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ferguson-michael-brown-indictment-darren-wilson/

Former New York state Chief Judge Sol Wachtler famously remarked that a prosecutor could persuade a grand jury to “indict a ham sandwich.” The data suggests he was barely exaggerating: According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. attorneys prosecuted 162,000 federal cases in 2010, the most recent year for which we have data. Grand juries declined to return an indictment in 11 of them.

“If the prosecutor wants an indictment and doesn’t get one, something has gone horribly wrong,” said Andrew D. Leipold, a University of Illinois law professor who has written critically about grand juries. “It just doesn’t happen.”
Cases involving police shootings, however, appear to be an exception. As my colleague Reuben Fischer-Baum has written, we don’t have good data on officer-involved killings. But newspaper accounts suggest, grand juries frequently decline to indict law-enforcement officials. A recent Houston Chronicle investigation found that “police have been nearly immune from criminal charges in shootings” in Houston and other large cities in recent years. In Harris County, Texas, for example, grand juries haven’t indicted a Houston police officer since 2004; in Dallas, grand juries reviewed 81 shootings between 2008 and 2012 and returned just one indictment. Separate research by Bowling Green State University criminologist Philip Stinson has found that officers are rarely charged in on-duty killings, although it didn’t look at grand jury indictments specifically.