What's the biggest reason for Blacks not advancing

BRI, what do you make of the Ferguson PDs choice to release the information about the convenience store theft?

If the officer who shot Brown didn't even know that Brown was a suspect I can't see any reason why that should be relevant/released other than to try to paint the dead kid in a bad light. What am I missing?

Also, I've never seen a police report that doesn't have an officer's name attached to it. Not to mention the fact that the unattributed report was leaked to the media?!

That department needs to be gutted. Start at the top and work down. Shameful sh!t.

I don't know what BRI has to say about releasing the information but I have no problem with it because the people protesting that this kid was just some innocent, fun loving person with not a bad bone in his body when in fact the opposite might be true.

There was a point where the shooting would have been justified. That moment came and went.

Not according to Missouri law

Like I said before, I think that statute gives the police far too much discretion in a situation like this, but it is what will be applied. The entire case against the officer will stand or fall on your #5.

563.046.3(2)(a) was enacted in 1977 and that reasoning was rejected by SCOTUS in 1985.

Releasing the robbery report but not the shooting report at the same time is super-lol. Especially since the officer in question had zero knowledge of the robbery.

Exactly. There is only one reason why that would be released . . . and some people are jumping all over it. I suppose that shouldn't surprise me.

BRI, what do you make of the Ferguson PDs choice to release the information about the convenience store theft?

If the officer who shot Brown didn't even know that Brown was a suspect I can't see any reason why that should be relevant/released other than to try to paint the dead kid in a bad light. What am I missing?

Also, I've never seen a police report that doesn't have an officer's name attached to it. Not to mention the fact that the unattributed report was leaked to the media?!

That department needs to be gutted. Start at the top and work down. Shameful sh!t.

I don't know what BRI has to say about releasing the information but I have no problem with it because the people protesting that this kid was just some innocent, fun loving person with not a bad bone in his body when in fact the opposite might be true.

No, they're protesting that he was wrongfully shot and killed.

So you're ok with a smear campaign? Because that's what it is . . .

No, they're protesting that he was wrongfully shot and killed.

You're correct. I should have written that differently. The people protesting portrayed him.......

There was a point where the shooting would have been justified. That moment came and went.

Like I said before, I think that statute gives the police far too much discretion in a situation like this, but it is what will be applied. The entire case against the officer will stand or fall on your #5.

563.046.3(2)(a) was enacted in 1977 and that reasoning was rejected by SCOTUS in 1985.

Pretty sure you're a lawyer right carlfense? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Either way, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_v._Garner

Releasing the robbery report but not the shooting report at the same time is super-lol. Especially since the officer in question had zero knowledge of the robbery.

Exactly. There is only one reason why that would be released . . . and some people are jumping all over it. I suppose that shouldn't surprise me.

Don't know if you mean me or not? If you do just say so and don't beat around the bush. They aren't going to release the bulk of the information because it's still being investigated. I think they should've released some info at the same time as the video, but they may not be able to release anymore info until the investigation is finished.

He'd allegedly just assaulted a police officer and tried to take his gun. The man is big enough he could probably kill someone with his bare hands. I don't think the jump to "reasonably believed" he was an imminent danger to others is a very big one.

Based on what we know to this point, I don't think the officer needed to or should've shot him down as he ran, but I think he stands a good chance in court if that's what happened. If Brown turned and tried to surrender as some witnesses are saying, that's another matter.

Did you know Trayvon Martin smoked weed?

The same thing is happening to the cop.

Did you know Trayvon Martin smoked weed?

Little different than being a suspect in a robbery wouldn't you say?

The same thing is happening to the cop.

It is? How so?