Which players (offense/defense) are under the most pressure to produce this year?

Hard to get past Tommy Armstrong on offense, because everything runs through him, and Stanton will always be standing on the sidelines, backed by a sizeable contingent convinced he could do better.

Hard to get past Gregory on defense, because he enters the season as a potential #1NFL Draft Pick. We don't worry about him producing, because he's a beast, but the expectation are huge. I don't see the pressure falling on any single player on D. The whole unit needs to step up. And a couple players will need to break out. Take your pick. They're needed everywhere.

And yeah, special teams, even though they weren't in the OP's question. That feels more on the coaching staff than any single player.

I agree Guy Chamberlain. Every mistake Tommy makes will produce a huge uproar from Stanton supporters. That's just the way that works. I know I was that way for quite awhile when Brion Carnes was backing up Taylor. If that uproar gets loud enough, it could equal to a lot of pressure on Tommy. I have high expectations for Armstrong, and I think he's gonna deliver. For me though, I think there is possibly more pressure on Abdullah. I think the staff could and should be wise to maybe pull some pressure off Tommy and place it on Ameer. Yes, Tommy is the QB, so he is clearly a key component, but Abdullah could really be the guy that carries this offense if that is the direction this staff chooses to go. At this point I don't see why they wouldn't. Combine that pressure with the outside expectations and Heisman talk, and I think Ameer could be really facing a pressure filled challenge in his senior season. I think he will own it and dominate.

Defensively, I'd have to agree with what was said above. McMullen or whomever fills that DE spot opposite of Gregory could really be under a spotlight this season. Gregory will clearly shine, but it will be easy for teams to go away from him if that other DE spot is weak. Somebody has got to step up there.

Hard to get past Tommy Armstrong on offense, because everything runs through him, and Stanton will always be standing on the sidelines, backed by a sizeable contingent convinced he could do better.

Hard to get past Gregory on defense, because he enters the season as a potential #1NFL Draft Pick. We don't worry about him producing, because he's a beast, but the expectation are huge. I don't see the pressure falling on any single player on D. The whole unit needs to step up. And a couple players will need to break out. Take your pick. They're needed everywhere.

And yeah, special teams, even though they weren't in the OP's question. That feels more on the coaching staff than any single player.

:yeah

On offense, I am going to say Ameer.

I think he is the most talented and he has to produce big time so that all the pressure won't fall on Armstrong. And... he has to stop fumbling.

On defense, I am going DT.

When you are good in the middle, you are better everywhere else. It's had to have a rotation at those two middle spots due to all the tempo that every team uses, so the guys that win the job in the middle will have to step up big and be able to stay out on the field for the lion's share of the snaps.

No doubt, Tommy Armstrong IF** he will be a starting QB. 2010 Flashback ..... Freshman T-Mart, Cody Green & Zac Lee in order. Stanton, TA & Fyfe ???

** big IF

I think there are a lot of people that would like to see what Stanton and/or Fyfe can do in game action as a starter. But, this is only because we know what we got TA last year. Even if TA is improved a whole lot, there are some that would rather see QB2 get the nod.

It's Football.