Marijuana and Football Players

Von Miller still got suspended from the Broncos for smoking weed.

That said, I'd rather them be smoking weed than drinking. Not addictive like alcohol nor can it kill people like alcohol can.

I think that is just a personal opinion. I actually know way more people who smoke on a regular basis, than people that smoke. They are both equally addictive, in my opinion.

I respectfully disagree and I have numerous friends that were marijuana users in their past that would disagree with you too.

And I have friends that are/ were addicted to weed. It certainly can be addictive, not for everyone, but just like booze, a person can be an addict. To say otherwise is not true.

Like teach alluded to, it can be addictive in the same way Husker football is. Not in the same way alcohol is. It's not like someone is going to experience the same kind of physical withdrawals they would with alcohol addiction.

It's more of a mental addiction, like Husker football.

Like teach alluded to, it can be addictive in the same way Husker football is. Not in the same way alcohol is. It's not like someone is going to experience the same kind of physical withdrawals they would with alcohol addiction.

It's more of a mental addiction, like Husker football.

it is a distinction of chemical dependency vs. abuse/habit

if Marijuana is legal in your state like Washington and Colorado, what are the repercussions, if any?

511ff552d5bc5.preview-300.jpg

"Wut?? It's legal in the state of Austin too, right?" —Ricky Williams

• Fire 1

There are state laws but then again there company/school guidelines. They might not always agree.

I would pick alcohol over marijuana. Marijuana stays in your system longer. If the substance becomes a problem then I would pursue more aggressive testing.

THC (marijuana) stays in your system longer because your body doesn't consider it to be a bad thing. alcohol and the other illegal drugs are out of your system in a few days because your body views it as poison, and as such tries to purge it as quickly as possible. it tries to hold on to THC, which should tell you all that you need to know about how bad they are for you. if we're going on a strictly "how bad is it for you" scale, alcohol is much worse. the only real danger from marijuana is damage to your lungs, and there are ways to ingest THC that no longer require you to smoke it. you shouldn't smoke it and drive around, but you shouldn't after drinking either, which we all know is a common enough occurrence.
Weed stays in your system much longer because it is fat soluble, whereas more hardcore drugs like cocaine and others are water soluble (alcohol mostly water soluble) meaning they will be flushed from your system much quicker.
  • Fire 1

There are state laws but then again there company/school guidelines. They might not always agree.

I would pick alcohol over marijuana. Marijuana stays in your system longer. If the substance becomes a problem then I would pursue more aggressive testing.

THC (marijuana) stays in your system longer because your body doesn't consider it to be a bad thing. alcohol and the other illegal drugs are out of your system in a few days because your body views it as poison, and as such tries to purge it as quickly as possible. it tries to hold on to THC, which should tell you all that you need to know about how bad they are for you. if we're going on a strictly "how bad is it for you" scale, alcohol is much worse. the only real danger from marijuana is damage to your lungs, and there are ways to ingest THC that no longer require you to smoke it. you shouldn't smoke it and drive around, but you shouldn't after drinking either, which we all know is a common enough occurrence.

AnswerReponse3-2.gif

That's not how bodies work. At all.

• Fire 4

Have them run the stadium steps..to help counteract lung damage...Back in my day, there was this upper classman center that would nearly die every game because it was so hard to go that long without lighting up ...The coaches knew about it, but we had no backups at center...Other than some stupid sophomore..(me)

• Fire 1

I find discussions like this interesting at this point in history considering my opinion that within the next ten years i think we'll see marijuana legal across the country and cigarretts illegal.

I agree, but I think cigarettes will take longer than 10 years to faze out. I'd guess your prediction will be true in about 25 years.

I find discussions like this interesting at this point in history considering my opinion that within the next ten years i think we'll see marijuana legal across the country and cigarretts illegal.

I agree, but I think cigarettes will take longer than 10 years to faze out. I'd guess your prediction will be true in about 25 years.

England right now is trying to make it illegal for youths to smoke cigarettes as a way to eradicate it in the future.

Maybe so Red. I just look at it from a perspective that as more and more research is done and more information becomes available that shows to an even greater extent how bad cigaretts really are and how not-so-bad, if at all, marij is, such process very well could be accelerated.

The "fear" of marijuana is still very deep rooted. It's amazing the things we can convince ourselves of being okay, and the lessons and propaganda that can make us fear ridiculous things. It takes a long time for changes like that to come around, but I have been impressed with the number of states that have pushed legislation through rather quickly. I think the younger generation has hope. They just seem to get it. As long as this generation of politicians and voters is a majority, as much as legalization of marijuana research and medical treatment makes sense, I think it will be met with challenges for quite a long time.

• Fire 1

Cigarettes are more American than apple pie, they will never be gone, sorry. Look to the Virginia company. As to MJ I am a libertarian what you do in the freedom of your own house your own land is your business, not the Government's, as long as you are not hurting someone else, that is my opinion.

Lol. People who like to call marijuana addictive have never smoked marijuana. It is not medically classified as an addictive substance. There is nothing in marijuana that your brain convinces itself it needs (like cigarettes). Smoke once and tell me you'll be craving it until you get another taste again. You won't.

• Fire 2

Lol. People who like to call marijuana addictive have never smoked marijuana. It is not medically classified as an addictive substance. There is nothing in marijuana that your brain convinces itself it needs (like cigarettes). Smoke once and tell me you'll be craving it until you get another taste again. You won't.

I think people are saying it's addictive in the same way watching TV is addictive. Maybe "habit-forming" is a better term.