Beer Sales at Memorial Stadium

Beer sales at Memorial Stadium  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Might as well. There are pros and cons to it.

Pros: Increased Revenue, Maybe tailgaters wont come in blitzkrieged, Less booze snuck in

Cons: Maybe fans drink too much, bad for image in some folks opinion, bathrooms backed up worse than already are

IMO Id like to see beer at the baseball games more than at football.

Though I say I dont support it, it doesnt necessarily mean I'm opposed to it. I know I've stated some opposing opinions of it and my reasoning in another thread, but overall i would probably say I'm more nuetral than anything. At the end of the day I really dont care. I dont drink much anyway. I got over the "drinkin beer is so cool dudes" stuff when I was like 17. So it's pretty irrelevant to me. And i would have no part in buying such overpriced garbage in the stadium to begin with. Hence, I'm really finding a hard time figuring out why something like this would make people wanna go to a game at the stadium more. I would go for the game and to be there. i can drink cheaper and more readily available beer at home.

Though I say I dont support it, it doesnt necessarily mean I'm opposed to it. I know I've stated some opposing opinions of it and my reasoning in another thread, but overall i would probably say I'm more nuetral than anything. At the end of the day I really dont care. I dont drink much anyway. I got over the "drinkin beer is so cool dudes" stuff when I was like 17. So it's pretty irrelevant to me. And i would have no part in buying such overpriced garbage in the stadium to begin with. Hence, I'm really finding a hard time figuring out why something like this would make people wanna go to a game at the stadium more. I would go for the game and to be there. i can drink cheaper and more readily available beer at home.

Considering the stadium has been selling out for so long, I don't see how beer sales will entice people to go either.

I have been attending Minnesota Gophers games since moving up here in 2004. I just love football that much. The serve beer at these games. I usually buy 1 beer either at the start of the game or by half time. The cost is just ridiculous but I like to have a beer when I watch a game.

To my knowledge, there has been no major issues with sales at this venue. I am sure that someone has gotten out of control but security and administration do a good job of keeping it in check. you can't buy more than 2 beers at a time and sales are done at the start of the 3rd quarter.

If a university is smart about how they go about it, there should be no problem.

• Fire 1

God no. This is a bad idea on a bunch of levels. Plus, do ya slam beers during the sermon at church

This is a football game at a football stadium.

More money, and the Puritan stranglehold in Nebraska is slightly chipped. Two more great reasons to do it.

• Fire 2