Children and immigration reform

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Why would you say that?   To me it just looks like the law isn’t being followed :dunno

What law?  I’m not trying to be obtuse here, I’m actually curious what law is being broken.

Its my understanding that immigrants have been flown/bussed around the country for at least the last decade after being “processed”.

Even Trump talked about sending people from the border to Minneapolis.  This isn’t new. 

Id think by now someone would have gotten it stopped if laws were being broken.  But I’m not an immigration lawyer…

14 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What law?  I’m not trying to be obtuse here, I’m actually curious what law is being broken.

Its my understanding that immigrants have been flown/bussed around the country for at least the last decade after being “processed”.

Even Trump talked about sending people from the border to Minneapolis.  This isn’t new. 

Id think by now someone would have gotten it stopped if laws were being broken.  But I’m not an immigration lawyer…

Title 42 I believe 

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Title 42 I believe 

Gotcha.  I really don’t know anything about it.  Just read the CDC overview of what Title 42 even is.

But it did bring up a question.  Why would the Biden admin continue to implement Trump era Title 42 requirements against the advice of medical experts only to “sneak” people in?

It doesn’t make sense.  Unless these folks qualified for the rare exemptions or they were actually being flown home instead of “around the US”.

It is curious though.  I learned a new thing today, thanks @Archy1221!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Gotcha.  I really don’t know anything about it.  Just read the CDC overview of what Title 42 even is.

But it did bring up a question.  Why would the Biden admin continue to implement Trump era Title 42 requirements against the advice of medical experts only to “sneak” people in?

It doesn’t make sense.  Unless these folks qualified for the rare exemptions or they were actually being flown home instead of “around the US”.

It is curious though.  I learned a new thing today, thanks @Archy1221!

It would be nice if the politicians would fix the legal system of immigration so these people can move through the system faster (if eligible) so they don’t have to try and sneak in.  

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It would be nice if the politicians would fix the legal system of immigration so these people can move through the system faster (if eligible) so they don’t have to try and sneak in.  

Yep and the quicker they get in and the quicker it is is legal the quicker more taxes are collected and it is a win-win.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 9:21 AM, Archy1221 said:

Illegal immigration keeps coming in, every day, no matter how quiet CNN, the WH and social media has been about it. 

Here's a few non-democrats/liberals chit chatting about border security.  Oh the horror....

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 1 month later...

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No one on the board says they don’t want immigrants than I am aware of.  It’s the illegal component that’s discussed.  With that said Alex has a few issues….

#1….Social Security and Medicare are not welfare benefits.   So ask why he puts those numbers into his tweet?  
#2….Native born people are more likely to have more credits into the social security system than immigrants as a whole.   Kinda makes sense that people working more years, higher incomes, are eligible for more money out.  
#3….Native born people who work their entire adult lives pay into the Medicare system (allowing Medicare trust fund to generate revenue longer from that money) more than immigrants who come over at age 40-60 and collect benefits when eligible.  So it’s possible that the net/net is different than what Alex shows.   That’s not an indictment on immigrants it’s just a reality.   So the better analysis would be to see what’s paid in vs what’s paid out for each group.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

No one on the board says they don’t want immigrants than I am aware of.  It’s the illegal component that’s discussed.  With that said Alex has a few issues….

#1….Social Security and Medicare are not welfare benefits.   So ask why he puts those numbers into his tweet?  
#2….Native born people are more likely to have more credits into the social security system than immigrants as a whole.   Kinda makes sense that people working more years, higher incomes, are eligible for more money out.  
#3….Native born people who work their entire adult lives pay into the Medicare system (allowing Medicare trust fund to generate revenue longer from that money) more than immigrants who come over at age 40-60 and collect benefits when eligible.  So it’s possible that the net/net is different than what Alex shows.   That’s not an indictment on immigrants it’s just a reality.   So the better analysis would be to see what’s paid in vs what’s paid out for each group.  

You know what would really fix the illegal immigrant issue? Enforcing and strengthening the laws against the jerkwads who hire them, including daddy Trump. They face virtually no repercussions from hiring illegal immigrants to work and so they actually recruit them. What's more, they have done it specifically to reduce wages and keep them low, depriving Americans and legal immigrants of both a job and a good wage. Yet all one side of the political spectrum wants to talk about is the immigrants themselves, while coddling the true law breakers. 

21 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

You know what would really fix the illegal immigrant issue? Enforcing and strengthening the laws against the jerkwads who hire them, including daddy Trump. They face virtually no repercussions from hiring illegal immigrants to work and so they actually recruit them. What's more, they have done it specifically to reduce wages and keep them low, depriving Americans and legal immigrants of both a job and a good wage. Yet all one side of the political spectrum wants to talk about is the immigrants themselves, while coddling the true law breakers. 

Sure, but what does that have to do with Alex’s misleading tweet that @BigRedBusterhappily shared?  

• Fire 1
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Sure, but what does that have to do with Alex’s misleading tweet that @BigRedBusterhappily shared?  

The only reason you're claiming it's misleading is because of some assumptions you happily throw in.  Yep, I'm perfectly happy sharing the information.

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

1).  OK, I'll give you that Social Security and Medicare aren't "welfare".  But, I have heard people claiming immigrants are on SS and Medicare and claiming that's bad.  So, I don't have a problem with them being included.  One hell of a lot of illegal immigrants (the debate about illegals is different than this) pay into these programs and never get the benefit.  

2). And, this is where your assumptions start going south.  in #3, you act like the vast majority of immigrants are 40-60.  Do you have proof of this?  Or, are you just throwing junk out to fit your narrative?  This is even more interesting when so many of the immigrants that have been in the news the last 4-5 years are young.  So, if they start working, their credits wouldn't be any different than Native born people.  After all, most people don't start contributing in any great amount to these till they are in their 20s.

3). Again, with your "40-60" stat, this is next to meaningless.  Anecdotal evidence, but I know a ton of Mexican immigrants.  Very few are in this age range.

The vast majority of immigrants aren't coming to the US to jump on all of our welfare programs.  They are coming here to get a job and better their lives.  And, with the labor force problems we have right now, I'm all for figuring out how we can get more of them here legally.  But.....people in government just seem to want to not fix that problem.

• Plus1 3
  • 3 months later...