What away games are you going to try to make it to this season?

I would say because they beat us last year, yes. They also return a very strong offensive line. Nebraska has shown an inability to stop the run in the past and I think Iowa will be able to establish their run game with that offensive line. I also think their Quarterback is already decent, but will most likely be even better next season. Also if I saw the stats correctly, Iowa had the 6th ranked overall defense last year.

While I have hope Nebraska will prove to be a higher caliber team than they were last year, you also assume Iowa will improve. With those reasons above and the fact that we play them in their house this season, I would pick them as the early favorite, absolutely.

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2014/7/7/5875809/b1g-2014-iowa-cocktail-party-preview

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/23/5728270/iowa-football-2014-preview-schedule-roster

Not so fast my friend....

% of Offensive Yards Returning

Rank

Team

% of Yards Returning

#1 Maryland 97.49

#2 Akron 94.49

#3 Washington St 94.36

#4 Iowa 92.79

#5 Army 92.63

#6 Memphis 91.47

#7 UTSA 91.00

#8 Michigan St 90.86

#9 Connecticut 90.04

#10 Old Dominion 88.79

http://www.testudotimes.com/2014/6/17/5816548/maryland-football-2014-offense

Iowa returns 92% of their offensive production with Rudock going into his junior year, I can see them being formidable. Notice the Spartans are on the list also.

% of Offensive Yards Returning

Rank

Team

% of Yards Returning

#1 Maryland 97.49

#2 Akron 94.49

#3 Washington St 94.36

#4 Iowa 92.79

#5 Army 92.63

#6 Memphis 91.47

#7 UTSA 91.00

#8 Michigan St 90.86

#9 Connecticut 90.04

#10 Old Dominion 88.79

http://www.testudotimes.com/2014/6/17/5816548/maryland-football-2014-offense

Iowa returns 92% of their offensive production with Rudock going into his junior year, I can see them being formidable. Notice the Spartans are on the list also.

Greg Davis.

/eost

Iowa does lose a lot on defense. I think their offense will be a bit of a force. They are really a question mark in some areas, much like Nebraska. I think both Nebraska and Iowa have reasons to be excited about the upcoming season. To me, I am probably just as excited to watch our QB and our running game, much like they probably feel strongly about the same things. They return a bit more on the offensive line, but I also feel good about the guys we have ready to step in up front for us. Who gets the nod on defense between the two? They lose a lot of key players, we return some key players but also lose big pieces in the secondary, most of all SJB. I would still bet my money on Iowa simply because of their strengths and our weaknesses. Until proven otherwise. They will be the home team this year, and they beat us in our house last year.

Either way, I hope like hell we smash me. This would be a great game to see in person this year. Like Redux said, I hope we are both having stellar seasons going into the game. Then fill their stadium with red.

Does anyone know if there is a shuttle in Madison to go to Camp Randall? My guess is I might have to wait till it gets closer to football season.

Yes! There are two shuttle bus routes that depart regularly (every 20 min) and will take you directly to the stadium.

There is one route that leaves from the Capitol Square (State Street) if you are staying around there or parking at one of the big ramps there.

There is also one that leaves from the big (lame) tailgating lots by the UW Hospital/ UW Band Practice field (Walnut Street). I really suggest not going the traditional tailgate lot route, though some people do, and a lot of uninformed visiting fans end up being directed there. It is really an afterthought of the Wisconsin game day experience, and really, pretty boring.

Additionally, though State Street is always fun, the real game day atmosphere is also not centered there, but rather on Regent Street (lots of people, close to the stadium, beer gardens, brat frys, bars, house parties, restaurants etc.) So, I suggest getting from your hotel to there as soon as possible on game day. Chances are that you won't end up spending a dime, as people will be wanting to get you fed and and buy you many beers- especially if you are actively looking to do so and aren't afraid to introduce yourself. Save State Street for after the game or the night before. Ditch the lame parking-lot tailgates altogether in Madison. You can get that crap in Iowa City if you must have it.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/travel/shuttle-bus.html

Okay that I can get behind. I really do hope Iowa does improve and rolls through their schedule unscathed. I would be pretty great if we could go into Black Friday with minimal blemishes on our mutual records. Might be just the spark this series needs to get into 3rd gear.

I personally hope we beat them like 78-0 and then we as a team curb stomp kirk ferentz and Herky to death... Just saying... Than we drive directly to Wisky and do the same, that is stomp kirk ferentz to death and herky.

Okay that I can get behind. I really do hope Iowa does improve and rolls through their schedule unscathed. I would be pretty great if we could go into Black Friday with minimal blemishes on our mutual records. Might be just the spark this series needs to get into 3rd gear.

I personally hope we beat them like 78-0 and then we as a team curb stomp kirk ferentz and Herky to death... Just saying... Than we drive directly to Wisky and do the same, that is stomp kirk ferentz to death and herky.

You are advocating the murder of Kirk Ferentz and the mascot??

After Nebraska beats Wisconsin how likely are we going to be harassed and vandalized by angry Badgers?

I'd say you'd probably be treated no worse than when you beat the Gophers in Minneapolis last year.

But we didn't beat the Gophers in Minneapolis last year! :ahhhhhhhh

I am taking my new car up there on its first road trip. Would the safest thing for me to do would be take a shuttle or something?

Personally, I don't think you need to worry about anything. It's going to be much different than your first trip to Madison.

The last time Nebraska came to Madison, there were incessant national media rumors of a supposed 40,000 Nebraska fans coming to "take-over" Camp Randall, which had really aggravated Wisconsin fans and students who are particularly territorial of Camp Randall. It was ESPN Game Day, a night game, Nebraska's first Big Ten game and the Taylor vs Russell story line which added a bit more fuel to the fire as well.

This time, it will probably be a sleepy 11:00 am game, and let's face it, it's not like Michigan or Ohio State's coming to town. We don't hate you, really.

Now, if we are both somehow undefeated going into the match up, the plot thickens...