All this Tim Beck talk....

Hopefully he realizes that there are three running backs at his disposal and not go full Watson thinking he's Don Coryell circa 1982.

4 if you wanna go there walks. There's no reason, absolutely none, why he should not fully utilize all four in a multitude of ways. Frankly, I feel if they don't get used right, we'll lose some games we need to and one that we shouldn't.

All you have to do is look at both ucla games if you want an argument on Beck. Both games required a heavy concentration on power football, but he bailed them out by throwing the rock around; Last year NU only had a total of 42 rushing attempts but Taylor had 35 passing attempts. Abdullah and cross should have had between 50 and 60 carries that game.

The spotlight needs to be on coach Beck this year.

• Fire 2

Hopefully he realizes that there are three running backs at his disposal and not go full Watson thinking he's Don Coryell circa 1982.

4 if you wanna go there walks. There's no reason, absolutely none, why he should not fully utilize all four in a multitude of ways. Frankly, I feel if they don't get used right, we'll lose some games we need to and one that we shouldn't.

All you have to do is look at both ucla games if you want an argument on Beck. Both games required a heavy concentration on power football, but he bailed them out by throwing the rock around; Last year NU only had a total of 42 rushing attempts but Taylor had 35 passing attempts. Abdullah and cross should have had between 50 and 60 carries that game.

The spotlight needs to be on coach Beck this year.

Winner winner, chicken dinner

What do I want to see from Tim Beck? More threads about him. Keep 'em coming, guys.

Good contribution to the thread, that was really helpful.

I would honestly like to see our passing game incorporate "seam" passes to the tight ends much like Oregon does. Also, I never feel like there is a true rhythm to what he's doing. I don't know how much he "set's up" his plays for down the road in the game. I may not pay enough attention to that, and that would really take a lot of dissecting game film to figure out.

I already like our running game, so I would naturally just like to see him pick the right QB (whoever that is) and let the offense flourish. My philosophy is that if your QB isn't going to be a primary ball carrier in the running game, then why not use the best "balanced" athlete at the position?

Either way, I'm drinking kool-aid hard core at this point, because of the hopes I have for the defense.

4 quarters of offense. Specifically the 1st quarter. Not always, but often times I feel (and maybe it's not the case) like Beck spends the entire first quarter feeling out the defense. Other times of course (UCLA) he dominates the defense in the 1st, so he spends the rest of the game doing everything thing he can to mess up what he had working for him.

What do I want to see from Tim Beck? More threads about him. Keep 'em coming, guys.

I would honestly like to see our passing game incorporate "seam" passes to the tight ends much like Oregon does. Also, I never feel like there is a true rhythm to what he's doing. I don't know how much he "set's up" his plays for down the road in the game. I may not pay enough attention to that, and that would really take a lot of dissecting game film to figure out.

I already like our running game, so I would naturally just like to see him pick the right QB (whoever that is) and let the offense flourish. My philosophy is that if your QB isn't going to be a primary ball carrier in the running game, then why not use the best "balanced" athlete at the position?

Either way, I'm drinking kool-aid hard core at this point, because of the hopes I have for the defense.

We did attempt a fair amount of seam passes. Problem was, QB and TE only made like one connection.

4 quarters of offense. Specifically the 1st quarter. Not always, but often times I feel (and maybe it's not the case) like Beck spends the entire first quarter feeling out the defense. Other times of course (UCLA) he dominates the defense in the 1st, so he spends the rest of the game doing everything thing he can to mess up what he had working for him.

Your not alone on that feeling man. It seems to be an issue. I was often frustrated on all the 3 & Outs we had last year in the 1st. This wasn't EVERY game, but from my memory, it was more often than not. You should get a good feel for how the defense is going to set after your first couple drives.

We did attempt a fair amount of seam passes. Problem was, QB and TE only made like one connection.

We need to hit that pass. Carter has been open far to many times to be over thrown on these routes. It seems like it happens once a game we could get an easy 6 or 30-40 yards only to see the ball over thrown.

Your not alone on that feeling man. It seems to be an issue. I was often frustrated on all the 3 & Outs we had last year in the 1st. This wasn't EVERY game, but from my memory, it was more often than not. You should get a good feel for how the defense is going to set after your first couple drives.

I don't remember the statistic, but we scored a ridiculous percentage of our first drives last year. The problem is we come right back with 3 & outs.

lo country - those cute motions didn't help DONU beat Georgia?

No. A solid D performance, a 99 yrs play action pass, a brand new UGA QB, injuries etc...... Not taking away from the victory, but no, the cute motions haven't helped us since we started doing them. We continue to lead the nation in TO's? To much pre-snap motion to blame? Who knows. I just don't like it. Adds nothing IMO.

I want to see him stick with what's working! Don't get cute, don't throw the ball all over the field if the run is working. Stick with it until they stop it, then move on to the next set of plays. All to often in the past he bailed on something that was working and then we couldn't move the ball and it was maddening! You have a stable of running backs, use them and dare the opponent to try and stop them. Four quarters of offense would be swell too, not just two quarters.

• Fire 3

What do I want to see out of Beck/our offense?

1- Fewer turnovers. Sure a bunch of this falls squarely on the players themselves but the coaches can have them work on the right things and put them in better situations that will reduce turnovers.

2- I want to see Beck walk the talk about taking what the defense gives us. He says that all the time but most of the time it seems to me that he is trying to force square pegs into round holes. Too often he sticks with what isn't working, avoids things that are working, and it seems as if the puts the qb in a position to fail.

3- In game adjustments. This is basically number two all over again but his job is to find something/anything that will sustain drives and put points on the board. The best example of how he has failed at this is last years Minny game. He stayed with Martinez and play calling that was not working for way too long. Yes we had injuries etc. but he can't keep doing what isn't working and expect better results. I just don't know if he's stubborn, stupid, in over his head, or 2 or all 3 of these things. Imo, it requires a do whatever it takes mentality. I'm tired of the excuses for why the job doesn't get done even if many of the excuses are legit.

This ↑ +1

• Fire 1

The one play we run that I think he really likes, that we don't do well is the bubble/WR screen. For some reason we don't get it blocked very well and it doesn't work very well IMO. If run well it should net a minimum of 6 yards a try, but I remember too many 2 yard gains.

He likes to throw the ball, I think if BP let him he would throw a lot more than he does.

Consistency!

Enough with the cute little plays here and there...however, maybe it is execution on the part of the players. There have been some frustrating moments where just handing the ball off to Ameer, Cross, etc would have been suffice. It is always easier to question his play calling when it doesn't work out...imagine what would have come out of some people's mouth if Armstrong threw a pick or got sacked on the 99 yard pass?!?

I do like him, but just call a solid game and give the defense a rest when they desperately need it!

The blueprint during the Taylor Martinez years went like this for the opposing D:

Stop the run, dare them to pass, continue until they do something to make you respect the pass.

This will not stop in 2014.

Until Beck can figure out a way to make this happen, well, here we are.