Updated stadium pictures

The abstracted football is too cute and overly redundant (everyone knows its a football stadium, no need to put a giant football perched above the big screen) which reads cheesy to me. Unless there are speakers in it, even then I still wouldn't be a fan of it.

Agreed, the laces look stupid over the N.

Honestly I liked it. Plus the laces was inside and outside stadium view perched on top of "Nebraska National Championships" sign (knapplc #3 picture).

Lit up or not ? And "N" sign ? Just curious.

On the west side, are they just putting that small strip of brick towards the tops of the arches, or will it also go on the concrete below the "In the deed the glory" quote?

Pretty sure it's just going on that section.

I'm afraid almost done because no scaffold (I think). If so, disappointment. I thought west stadium brick layer will be an east stadium clone.

The abstracted football is too cute and overly redundant (everyone knows its a football stadium, no need to put a giant football perched above the big screen) which reads cheesy to me. Unless there are speakers in it, even then I still wouldn't be a fan of it.

Honestly I liked it. Plus the laces was inside and outside stadium view perched on top of "Nebraska National Championships" sign (knapplc #3 picture).

Lit up or not ? And "N" sign ? Just curious.

I thought I saw that they're mirroring the N on the outside of North Stadium as well, so National Champions thing won't look like it does now. I may be wrong though. And yes they light up.

*Edit* This is the quote from the website.

"The scoreboard will display a 25-foot illuminated Nebraska “N” and topped with a graphic of a football, visible from both inside and outside of Memorial Stadium."

I misunderstood.

I think we should just go back to having a 20,000 seat stadium and have nothing modern looking in it. To hell with upgrades! :sarcasm
Said nothing about upgrades, I want the new WiFi and sound, I like the east expansion and the new N on the board but the laces are not an upgrade, they are a stupid decoration that looks cheesy and out of place.
This is nothing more than your opinion. I, as well as many others, like em

Put me in the liking the laces camp, it's minimalist and not distracting but is a nice touch. Give it a few games and it will almost be like it was always there.

Pics of the new "Iron N" and new laces, the brick facade work on West Stadium, and a couple of pictures of the Devaney Center entrance renovations.

8OkLefb.jpg

I like the additions. Also, that field looks gorgeous. Is it still July?

• Fire 1

Beautiful. Nice! Looks fine.

More improvements: (wishful thinking)

- Extra HuskerVision

- Remove four video screens .... now see traditional pillars and inscribed "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"

- Plant 4'D x 3'W x 360'L box hedges a.l.a. Georgia stadium (another HB thread). Red fences was kinda like construction barriers.

- Put two giant 50' tall Lil'Red inflatable statues adjacent to HuskerVision (just kidding!)

moreimprovements_zpsf29485e7.jpg

Lead, Follow, or get the hell out of the way.

looks good to me.

i can understand having WiFi for reporters there to report on the game, but for the fans WTF, you are there to watch a football game not post on your twitter feed or submit a late budget report. STAND UP AND YELL

Lead, Follow, or get the hell out of the way.

looks good to me.

i can understand having WiFi for reporters there to report on the game, but for the fans WTF, you are there to watch a football game not post on your twitter feed or submit a late budget report. STAND UP AND YELL

Commercial breaks and timeouts, lots of downtime at games, can check other scores and replays.

• Fire 1