:01 - Because it still eats me up.

Probably because McCoy was under a pile of players and it's a difficult play to review. If I'm not mistaken, Bo could have challenged the call on the field if he had thought replay would have been able to overturn it. (Or perhaps that was before coaches could challenge? I don't know for sure)

Regardless, those videos have literally nothing to do with the Nebraska/Texas game in 2009. Hell, they aren't even from the same season. That "fist pump" as evidence of a conspiracy? Come on. Really? You have to be joking. That could literally have been anything. He was probably communicating something to the ref that was a few feet away. Look, I hate Texas as much as the next guy, but good grief.

• Fire 1

Guys. It was 5 years ago.

Just to play a little devil's advocate here: if we win that game, the whole Bo hasn't won anything of importance argument would no longer work. That :01 (game) in a way changes the outlook on the program. Of course, we could've won it in 2012 against Wisconsin, but at least that one we knew we were out of by halftime.

Anyways, it was 5 years ago, and really doesn't need to be talked about anymore. Was officiating bad? Yes. Could it have cost us the game? Anytime a game is decided by 1 point increases the likelihood of refereeing impacting the outcome. The score still reads 13-12 though. Let's just look toward this season.

If they had won, yes. But they didn't. And here we are.

But to blame that loss on anything but Nebraska's shortcomings is misplacing the blame. Actually that holds true for all of the losses.

There's some guys from the '93 team that would disagree with you.

And I'm quite sure you're aware how that team reacted, as opposed to the latter.

Probably because McCoy was under a pile of players and it's a difficult play to review. If I'm not mistaken, Bo could have challenged the call on the field if he had thought replay would have been able to overturn it. (Or perhaps that was before coaches could challenge? I don't know for sure)

Regardless, those videos have literally nothing to do with the Nebraska/Texas game in 2009. Hell, they aren't even from the same season. That "fist pump" as evidence of a conspiracy? Come on. Really? You have to be joking. That could literally have been anything. He was probably communicating something to the ref that was a few feet away. Look, I hate Texas as much as the next guy, but good grief.

If it was just Nebraska fans, I'd give it to you. But everyone in the former Big 12 though Bevo got special treatment.

Guys. It was 5 years ago.

Just to play a little devil's advocate here: if we win that game, the whole Bo hasn't won anything of importance argument would no longer work. That :01 (game) in a way changes the outlook on the program. Of course, we could've won it in 2012 against Wisconsin, but at least that one we knew we were out of by halftime.

Anyways, it was 5 years ago, and really doesn't need to be talked about anymore. Was officiating bad? Yes. Could it have cost us the game? Anytime a game is decided by 1 point increases the likelihood of refereeing impacting the outcome. The score still reads 13-12 though. Let's just look toward this season.

If they had won, yes. But they didn't. And here we are.

But to blame that loss on anything but Nebraska's shortcomings is misplacing the blame. Actually that holds true for all of the losses.

There's some guys from the '93 team that would disagree with you.

And I'm quite sure you're aware how that team reacted, as opposed to the latter.

Red herring. What happened in 1994 had no bearing on the officiating miscues in the '93 (well '94) OB.

If it was just Nebraska fans, I'd give it to you. But everyone in the former Big 12 though Bevo got special treatment.

That doesn't make it the reality. I wonder if teams during the early days of the Big XII and late days of the Big 8 thought Nebraska got special treatment when they were going undefeated. Remember the Shevin Wiggins kick? Could/should have been a penalty.

They showed a replay on the field once. Hes down on his belly reaching ball across. As soon as they showed that they never showed it again.

• Fire 1

Red herring. What happened in 1994 had no bearing on the officiating miscues in the '93 (well '94) OB.

So the players didn't adopt a slogan of "Unfinished business" for the 1994 season?

So the players didn't adopt a slogan of "Unfinished business" for the 1994 season?

Once again, doesn't matter.

That doesn't make it the reality. I wonder if teams during the early days of the Big XII and late days of the Big 8 thought Nebraska got special treatment when they were going undefeated. Remember the Shevin Wiggins kick? Could/should have been a penalty.

Umm, no,,you may want to brush up on the rules and retract your statement.

Umm, no,,you may want to brush up on the rules and retract your statement.

http://articles.philly.com/1997-11-13/sports/25541968_1_usa-today-public-league-world

`I looked down and saw the Missouri guy about to catch it and I just wanted to keep it alive,'' Wiggins said.

``I thought I had a chance to pull it in myself, since it hadn't hit the ground yet,'' Wiggins said. ``I ended up kicking it as I was trying to pull it in. I was rolling over and I thought I hit it too hard.''

Frank Gaines, technical adviser to Big 12 football officials, said it's against the rules for a receiver to intentionally strike a loose ball with the knee, lower leg or foot.

Gaines said an incidental or accidental kick is not a penalty. He said when the play is questionable - as was the case for Wiggins's kick - the ruling is always that such a kick is accidental.

Retract what now?

It was put back on because Mack Brown basically asked for it and wish was granted. A 10-3 Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl wasn't as sexy as a 13-0 Texas in the BCS Title Game.

Yep. That and the fact that when you run the replay, you can clearly see the ball hit with :01 left on the clock.

If we're getting technical, you never see the ball hit the ground as it lands behind photographers.

You can see it well enough. Also, you can clearly see the sideline official's hand go up with :01 showing on the game clock. There was no fix. The team just imploded on that last drive.

If the situations had been reversed and they didn't put the second back on the clock for Nebraska... man the howling. Wow. I can't even fathom. And it would have been justified in that case, but still.

Again--the problem lies with the inconsistent officiating, and not the last :01, per se--the officials let time bleed off the clock the whole game, but they decide on this last play, when it obviously favors Texass, to change what they had done all game long and put time back on the clock?

• Fire 1

Once again, doesn't matter.

Then why was the 93 team brought up by you? I'm confused