Has your life hit the "blahs?"

So many guys hit the "dreaded" 30 and give up (hell, I know guys at 25 that do). SOOO much to do, so much to see, etc. The thing is, when you start to challenge yourself and do interesting stuff, people start to notice. Most people are boring; go on a date and start talking about traveling, real fitness, interesting ventures, etc. (while being witty and charming, of course) and see how long it takes to get a "wow...most guys are so...boring"

#winning

I work with a guy who is single at 36. He is always complaining that he can't find a woman. He is actually a decent guy. But, he works and then basically goes home and does nothing. How the heck do you expect to meet a girl? Gee....you think if you joined a running club you might meet a single woman who has the same interest? What about joining a co-ed sand volleyball league???? He never takes my advise though.

So many guys hit the "dreaded" 30 and give up (hell, I know guys at 25 that do). SOOO much to do, so much to see, etc. The thing is, when you start to challenge yourself and do interesting stuff, people start to notice. Most people are boring; go on a date and start talking about traveling, real fitness, interesting ventures, etc. (while being witty and charming, of course) and see how long it takes to get a "wow...most guys are so...boring"

#winning

I work with a guy who is single at 36. He is always complaining that he can't find a woman. He is actually a decent guy. But, he works and then basically goes home and does nothing. How the heck do you expect to meet a girl? Gee....you think if you joined a running club you might meet a single woman who has the same interest? What about joining a co-ed sand volleyball league???? He never takes my advise though.

Yeah, I know a lot of guys that are cool, smart, nice guys...but there really isn't anything interesting about them. No cool hobbies or interests.

In regards to meeting girls through those kinds of social circles, I tend to disagree. If things go sour, it is awkward for the duration of your membership with the group, especially if she was there first and has the more deeply established friend group. Approach a girl at the grocery store, when picking up a prescription, waiting in line for coffee, etc. and there is nothing to lose and all to gain.

Being recently laid off - I have experienced this feeling over the last month.

After what I feel was a short bout with depression, I've found gratitude in taking care of my son & wife in ways that I didn't have time to while working. I'm pretty much a stay-at-home dad right now while taking a few online classes and looking for work, and I've grown to like it. Wife works three 12 hour shifts per week so we get a good bit of time together (when she's not sleeping from working night shifts), and the little guy doesn't have to go to a daycare.

It boils down to where your priorities lay and what makes you and the people closest to you (in my case - my family) the happiest. My #1 priority has always been my family over work, and I enjoy being around them much more.

Just turned 22. Just entered public health workforce, busting my balls to save a bunch of dumbasses who don't deserve to still be alive anyways. All this social responsibiltiy piling up on me has me poppin' xanex like they're f'ing pez. Gonna get into oxys next and that'll probably be my gateway into some serious mind altering sh#t. John Lennon LSD episodes. Gonna save lives and lose my consciousness concurrently. If I could feel any part of my body through the pills i'd probably have the blahs. Not happening. Living that dream gentlemen.

#winning

Yeah, I know a lot of guys that are cool, smart, nice guys...but there really isn't anything interesting about them. No cool hobbies or interests.

In regards to meeting girls through those kinds of social circles, I tend to disagree. If things go sour, it is awkward for the duration of your membership with the group, especially if she was there first and has the more deeply established friend group. Approach a girl at the grocery store, when picking up a prescription, waiting in line for coffee, etc. and there is nothing to lose and all to gain.

My comment was based more on the fact that if you get out and actually do stuff, you will meet people, socialize and have a more tun and enjoyable life instead of just sitting around at home watching TV and pouting about not being with someone.

Meeting a girl is simply going to happen at some point if you socialize with more people.

My comment was based more on the fact that if you get out and actually do stuff, you will meet people, socialize and have a more tun and enjoyable life instead of just sitting around at home watching TV and pouting about not being with someone.

Meeting a girl is simply going to happen at some point if you socialize with more people.

I don't think my wife would approve

Fun hater.

I think you know what you have to do...

im 35 and I'm a lot happier than i was in my early 30 and mid 20's in a lot of ways.. but i f'd up a lot from about 14-25 too... too many drugs (now only lil bit drugs once or twice a year), TOOO much ganja.. and too much beer... lots of cheating etc....

1. my marriage is pretty good... my wife always has a strained neck

2. my kids are getting older and its getting fun

3. got back in shape

4. going on my first surf trip since i was 21 so thats awesome

lives actually pretty rad... the only thing is I'm getting kinda bored at work.. but no options to really go back to school and get a new career... plus only a few more years ill earn my state pension and all the goodies that go with it.... but i know SOO many people who are f'ing up getting divorced etc... its kinda lame... glad i don't have to deal with all dat

I'm 37 (will be 38 in Sept)

Right now everything is "blah" (career, social. personal) for me. Please tell me I'm not alone . . .

39 here...same thing hit me just this past year.

Career feels like it's stagnating and it isn't as important as it used to be mainly because I'm about as high as I'm going to go as a director...my friends I used to have beers with all have young kids (mine's 17) and are wrapped up in all that is included in that...my wife is about my age and we talk quite a bit so we were able to jump any personal hurdles that presented themselves though...so personal isn't so blah.

What's pulled me out of it a little bit is for my wife and I to set a goal...we're working toward living overseas (why? Just because...why not?) for a year or so and I'm looking at ways to eradicate all the debt I have to make that happen. Doing something exciting and unexpected after my son leaves the house sounds like a good time and I think we've earned it.

Setting that goal has really kept me positive...not just in my career, but in my social and personal life...and it always keeps me pushing things forward.

Great goal...hope you accomplish it.

I'm 37 (will be 38 in Sept)

Right now everything is "blah" (career, social. personal) for me. Please tell me I'm not alone . . .

39 here...same thing hit me just this past year.

Career feels like it's stagnating and it isn't as important as it used to be mainly because I'm about as high as I'm going to go as a director...my friends I used to have beers with all have young kids (mine's 17) and are wrapped up in all that is included in that...my wife is about my age and we talk quite a bit so we were able to jump any personal hurdles that presented themselves though...so personal isn't so blah.

What's pulled me out of it a little bit is for my wife and I to set a goal...we're working toward living overseas (why? Just because...why not?) for a year or so and I'm looking at ways to eradicate all the debt I have to make that happen. Doing something exciting and unexpected after my son leaves the house sounds like a good time and I think we've earned it.

Setting that goal has really kept me positive...not just in my career, but in my social and personal life...and it always keeps me pushing things forward.

Great goal...hope you accomplish it.

Seconded. This sounds awesome!

I kinda like the mushrooms idea.

It's gonna sound weird because I know they taught us all in school that drugs are bad and everything, but some people swear by doing a mushroom trip once a year because it can be so enlightening and grounding and freshens your mindeset up, or something. I've never done them (hell, I've never smoked weed because I'm boring) but I certainly would try it once