TE Jared Bubak [Signed GIA - Arizona State]

Mavric

Growing up in Lincoln, I can't imagine going anywhere else if I were good enough to be offered a football scholarship.

I do think we will be fine at the TE position for years to come, so I don't really see this as a huge loss. Even if he is an in-state recruit.

Best of luck, Jared!

Growing up in Lincoln, I can't imagine going anywhere else if I were good enough to be offered a football scholarship.

I do think we will be fine at the TE position for years to come, so I don't really see this as a huge loss. Even if he is an in-state recruit.

Best of luck, Jared!

I've seen him play and was not impressed as there team was not very good. I expect upper D1 talent to handle the lower class competition in Nebraska. As Stille's Ashland team beat Christian 55 - 7.

I don't understand their obsession, to be right honest with ya'.

If I were to guess, I'd say that there are a couple of reasons for it. First of all, anyone who has been a Sun Devil for a while is well aware of the repeated a$$ whoopin's that the Huskers gave them over the years, except for '96. So there's been a bit of a little brother / big brother feel to it, because they used to play often enough for it to be relevant to people. More than that, Coach Graham has made it no secret that he's trying to turn ASU into a national powerhouse. He's got a lot of work yet to do, but he's really accomplished some pretty amazing things in a few years and has the program headed in a great direction. He loves to compare the ASU program with the ones that he believes do things the right way and wants to hold ASU to those standards.

So, in a way, the "obsession" is kind of a compliment. They love it when they sign recruits over the big, name-brand schools, and lately seem to have NU's number a bit, so you can believe that they are celebrating the heck out of that.

This ought to fire everyone up, lol

I think I'm gonna be just as immature as they are for posting this and report them to Getty Images, because I'm pretty sure they didn't pay for the right to use this photo. It can be downloaded without the watermark on google which is probably where they got it. It's in the 2nd row here:

http://www.gettyimages.com/photos/nebraska

Also, the bus is driving on the left side of the road.

• Fire 1

The 6-foot-4, 240-pound Bubak had verbally committed to Bo Pelini's staff in September. After Mike Riley was hired in early December, Bubak said, a month passed before he heard from the new staff — which was in the midst of ensuring a strong class of 2015.

Bubak said the period was "very difficult — not knowing exactly if they were going to honor my scholarship or if I would have a spot on the team."
It was around that time when Arizona State prominently entered the picture, he said. He subsequently made a couple of trips to ASU. In an April interview, he said he was torn between ASU and Nebraska. But when he decommitted from NU on June 27, his intentions seemed clear.
"It's kind of hard to explain," he said. "But when I was on ASU's campus, I just knew my connection with the coaches and players and the feel of the campus and the way I fit in the offense, with all that coming together, it made me realize I want to be there."
Arizona State, 10-3 last season (6-3 Pac-12), plans to play Bubak as a 3-back (think H-back). He will line up either on the line of scrimmage or split out in a wide receiver-type look. He might even run the ball sometimes, which makes sense considering how much he rushes as Christian's quarterback.

Link