TE Jared Bubak [Signed GIA - Arizona State]

Mavric

If a kid who has grown up in Nebraska is even thinking of playing for another school, that tells me his heart is not set on being a Cornhusker. Also, I would say some local kids, if their parents have not been able to get them out of the state very far, any place that is different than Lincoln and Memorial stadium will seem new and shiny, so I'm hoping its more of the latter.

This is frustrating to me. Fans, high school coaches, and high school players want Nebraska to lock down the state; however the top kids don't seem that committed when the time comes. Top 2015, Neal, might be at Oregon if he'd had a commitable offer. Now the top 2016 is really interested in ASU. I guess I don't blame the kids as it is a big decision, but it's just frustrating.

Probably an overreaction. I really hope Bubak is N come Feb.

Sounds like it's a done deal with ASU and I don't even care. Buh-Bye. Says a lot about the damage Bo has done when we can't get a guy FROM LINCOLN. MR is gonna fix it though.

Just because they grew up in the state doesn't mean they owe it to anyone to go to UNL. Overall we should dominate the state but talented players will always have options (and always have). Like Scott Frost going to Stanford -- could you blame him? (Many did, which I guess says something about us...)

Sounds like it's a done deal with ASU and I don't even care. Buh-Bye. Says a lot about the damage Bo has done when we can't get a guy FROM LINCOLN. MR is gonna fix it though.

Give me a break. This is the same crap people were saying about Neal, and he ended up signing with DONU. It's a process, and if we expect players to commit and not rethink when they get other offers, we aren't asking for very mature players. You always look to better yourself, and these kids have to do what's right for them. If they get a new offer they weren't expecting, they deserve to get to check it out. If they go there, so be it; but don't chastise them for doing their due diligence.

Not worried until he actually decommits. Some kids just want to visit other schools and enjoy the process, like Neal. But in the end they usually want to stay close to home.

Yeah, except he has visited twice. Which seems worse than Neal, because he has an actual offer from the school as well...

• 2 weeks later...