Artists Whose Best Album was their Debut

I seem to remember reading Steal This Album! was just a collection of songs that didn't make it onto the first two albums. Either way Mr. Jack is one of my favorite songs from them.

Also, Mezmerize was silly for the sake of being silly, but I think it worked . . . really well. Hypnotize seemed like leftover songs from that project. So really, I think they only wrote 3 proper albums, and a couple leftovers. Kind of unfortunate how they got lumped in with all those awful Nu Metal bands.

There was a reason those songs were on "steal this album", they were bad...

The Mesmerize/Hypnotize albums are like a lil jon rap album, where he essentially repeats the same sh*t over and over... "radio/video" being a prime example of this...

I seem to remember reading Steal This Album! was just a collection of songs that didn't make it onto the first two albums. Either way Mr. Jack is one of my favorite songs from them.

Also, Mezmerize was silly for the sake of being silly, but I think it worked . . . really well. Hypnotize seemed like leftover songs from that project. So really, I think they only wrote 3 proper albums, and a couple leftovers. Kind of unfortunate how they got lumped in with all those awful Nu Metal bands.

The Mesmerize/Hypnotize albums are like a lil jon rap album, where he essentially repeats the same sh*t over and over... "radio/video" being a prime example of this...

The reason they were on that album wasn't that they were bad, it was that they were B-sides, which aren't meant to be measured to the same standard as songs you would release on a full-length because they weren't given the same treatment. I would figure that would be pretty obvious to anyone who had any decent understanding of music.

The reason they were on that album wasn't that they were bad, it was that they were B-sides, which aren't meant to be measured to the same standard as songs you would release on a full-length because they weren't given the same treatment. I would figure that would be pretty obvious to anyone who had any decent understanding of music.

I have a good understanding of music, having played in a few bands before, and I know enough if the songs suck, you don't release them...

If you do, that makes you look like a greedy c*ck knocker...

I have a good understanding of music, having played in a few bands before, and I know enough if the songs suck, you don't release them...

In this particular instance you have got to be kidding, right? I mean the album is called 'Steal This Album!'. The only reason it exists is because the songs were leaked as low-quality unfinished demos and the band was disappointed that people were hearing them in that context and wanted to give them some due diligence.

In this particular instance you have got to be kidding, right? I mean the album is called 'Steal This Album!'. The only reason it exists is because the songs were leaked as low-quality unfinished demos and the band was disappointed that people were hearing them in that context and wanted to give them some due diligence.

Yeah, and people were obviously dumb enough to pay for it...

If people wanted to hear those songs, they should have waited for a new nickelback record...

I don't think I agree with any of this. Aside from the repetitive lyrics criticism, which could be levied at their first two albums as well. It's been a while since I listened to Hypnotize because I didn't really enjoy that album, but I don't remember it being much like Radio/Video, which is just a fun song. Repetitive lyrics, yes, but enough going on musically to make it interesting.

I guess Hypnotize was the only Album I didn't really care for, but I do agree the first two are their best.

I stole that album.

I don't think I agree with any of this. Aside from the repetitive lyrics criticism, which could be levied at their first two albums as well. It's been a while since I listened to Hypnotize because I didn't really enjoy that album, but I don't remember it being much like Radio/Video, which is just a fun song. Repetitive lyrics, yes, but enough going on musically to make it interesting.

I guess Hypnotize was the only Album I didn't really care for, but I do agree the first two are their best.

I stole that album.

Dude, I'm glad you didn't pay for it...

Everything after Toxicity, pretty much sucks...