Stupid Question about Coaching Little League

Sorry to bother all of you. I have been drafted by local friends to coach local little league like 5-8th grade football defense. Any suggestions? I remember what I was coached. Any resources the Husker board knows of?

TeacherCD coaches junior high school football. You can ask him directly, but he likes to play very conservative on defense.

He had some "dad coaches" come in last year and they blitzed every down with no safety help. They either stopped them at the line of scrimmage or let up a 50 yard run. Teach was pretty pissed.

I am coaching a 11-12 yr old team as we speak. We just ended our 2nd week of conditioning and running offensive plays with just helmets and no contact. Defense I am running a 4-4 with simple blitz packages. On offense we are mostly shotgun read option with alot of Diamond formation. Gonna be a fun year.

Oh best part about it I am gonna have a special guest speaker in the upcoming weeks. Thad Randall.

I am coaching a 11-12 yr old team as we speak. We just ended our 2nd week of conditioning and running offensive plays with just helmets and no contact. Defense I am running a 4-4 with simple blitz packages. On offense we are mostly shotgun read option with alot of Diamond formation. Gonna be a fun year.

Oh best part about it I am gonna have a special guest speaker in the upcoming weeks. Thad Randall.

That is awesome you get to have Thad Randall come in and speak. Last year and this year as well, we will have Lavonte David come in and speak with our kids.