Big Kitty Cats

Stumpy1

There have been 2 sightings of a momma lion and a cub running around Geneva the last couple days. It was caught on the swimming pool's camera walking through the park and another time it was caught by the pump cameras at Caseys. Another one was seen just 15 miles north of here in McCool Junction and it had some little ones with it. Makes ya wonder how many of them are actually out there running around.

There have been sightings of mountain lions in Oklahoma for decades with pictures and videos of what people say are mountain lions. My wife admits to having seen one on the side of the interstate one day. The evidence is fairly strong but the Wildlife Department refuses to recognize there is a living population of big cats in the state. When a report comes out they give one of two of reasons. One, the cat is merely passing thru from a surrounding state. Or two, it's not a mountain lion that was seen. I talked to a OWDC officer that I knew and he made the comment to the effect the state will not recognize them because it will mean the State will have to enact either protective measures or establish a hunting season.

• 3 weeks later...

There have been sightings of mountain lions in Oklahoma for decades with pictures and videos of what people say are mountain lions. My wife admits to having seen one on the side of the interstate one day. The evidence is fairly strong but the Wildlife Department refuses to recognize there is a living population of big cats in the state. When a report comes out they give one of two of reasons. One, the cat is merely passing thru from a surrounding state. Or two, it's not a mountain lion that was seen. I talked to a OWDC officer that I knew and he made the comment to the effect the state will not recognize them because it will mean the State will have to enact either protective measures or establish a hunting season.

Iowa DNR does the same thing and I've seen them with my own eyes while patrolling a rural area of the city I work for. Seen two "babies" play fighting in a field one day, that means momma wasn't too far away. My wife freaks out thinking they're gonna come get our dogs or something.