What is your reason for not getting Husker tickets?

Lots of talk about the sellout streak and so on...so what is your reason for not going into games?

Money

Time

Weather

Comforts of home

Tailgating

Bars

Parties

What is it?

For me...I really just love getting to hang out with buddies for home games. I really don't care if I am inside the stadium or not. I love being in Lincoln for the games, love the atmosphere and the feeling of it all but I would rather watch, drink and goof off with my friends.

I'd rather watch the game around people I know.

Able to drink some beer, have some great food. (particularly my sloppy joe's I make and a rotel dip/chips.)

Don't like going to bars for games.

Big screen

Commentators

Hurried travel, Film room session with hs boys from game the night before, breaking down film for our next opponent for Fridays. Grade out positions, etc...Gets to be a lot of work.

Like to watch other games too.

Living in Colorado with 2 kids under the age of 10, it's not feasible for me to get back to Nebraska games on a regular basis. I generally try to get to one game a season, whether it be a home game or a road game (where I can meet high school and college friends). But, even that is hard with current money situations. I am not "poor", but having just bought a house the past year, my money is "tighter".

If I lived in Nebraska, I would think I would get to more games each season, or at least down to Lincoln to party with Teach. But, again, with kids and their activities, that could be hard to do on a regular basis. My wife is very understanding of my Husker fan-ship, herself being from Hastings. She's not into the games as much as I am, but she understands that our Saturdays are planned around 1) our kids activities and 2) the Husker game.

Once I get older, with the kids out of the house, and more disposable income, I could see myself coming back for a game once a month or so. But, that also may be a pipe dream. HA!!!

Able to drink some beer, have some great food. (particularly my sloppy joe's I make and a rotel dip/chips.)

Big screen

Commentators

Hurried travel, Film room session with hs boys from game the night before, breaking down film for our next opponent for Fridays. Grade out positions, etc...Gets to be a lot of work.

How come you don't like going to the bars to watch the games?

Big screen

Commentators

How come you don't like going to the bars to watch the games?

Too many people. Its just so loud too. I'd rather drink a beer at my house for half the price or less of a beer at the bars.

400 miles round trip

$$$$$ It easily costs $500 to go to a game (i.e. gas, tickets, meals, lodging)

I love having watch parties (especially this year with more night games)

I have a bar in my basement and a 42" flat screen above the bar and a 60" flat screen in the living room (much more comfortable than sitting in Memorial)

I do however try to make it to at least 1 game a year I still love the atmosphere (more than likely Miami this year)

400 miles round trip

$$$$$ It easily costs $500 to go to a game (i.e. gas, tickets, meals, lodging)

I love having watch parties (especially this year with more night games)

I have a bar in my basement and a 42" flat screen above the bar and a 60" flat screen in the living room (much more comfortable than sitting in Memorial)

I do however try to make it to at least 1 game a year I still love the atmosphere (more than likely Miami this year)

I am redoing my basement...well I will be soon. I think I can have it done by about the 3rd week of the season. I might host a watch party.

We got two season ticket for the first time (other than being a student) two years ago and now have four. We split them with two other families because none of us live close enough to go to all the games. 2-3 games per year. Not as many as I'd like but better than none.

That's a good idea to split the season tickets among 2 other families, but is it hard to figure out which games you all get the tickets for?

My brothers and I are going to face an issue with my mom's season tickets. She is getting up there in age, and her health isn't great (yeah, she's your basic blue-hair that everyone complains about). I am not sure how much longer she can realistically make it to most games each season, but we will want to keep her tickets. As long as she's alive, she doesn't have to pay a donation and she has fairly good seats (East Balcony -- old one, not the new one). I think we could keep buying the tickets and figure out ways to split the games up between us. She also gets a tailgate spot in Lot 7, and that's not cheap.