Espn is a joke

Dagerow

That was a terrible show. They basically inferred that we didn't have a quality bowl opponent and that OSU must have some how won their bowl game. They picked Melvin Gordon as the best player in the B1G, I mean he's pretty good but he gets most of his stats against sub par teams. Ameer rushed over 100 yards in all but 2 games compared to Gordon's 5 games with less than 100 yards. Ameer also has 26 catches and 2 TD to Gordon's 1 catch for 10 yards.

The best was that apparently Braxton Miller is the B1G, without him every single team in the conference sucks.

Yeah, and no mention of RG44 whatsoever, what the f*ck are they smoking in Bristol...

The SEC's ****!

I was watching the Big 10 preview special on espn, and what's amazing is that they don't know basic facts about the conference. For example, they stated that Wisconsin defeated Georgia to last years bowl game, and implied (not explicitly) that Nu lost their bowl game! It was fricken taped. No one said, he you guys f'd up and we need to reshoot a couple scenes. They just don't care.

And in case you were wondering, they said almost nothing about NU, and focus almost the entire show on Braxton Miller's injury and the perception that the Big 10 is weak.

Yea, it's so weak that playing on the road vs sec every year most games are won or lost by 10 points or less. espn has a strategy and sees B1G as a competitor, they are the sec/espn network now so taking many things they say seriously is not the wisest thing to do. If you think you have seen bias before on their network this year should just be pure comedy gold.

I don't even think that ESPN is a leading sports media institution anymore in terms of analysis or content. Okieland basically nailed it.

Think about it - when's the last time you actually sat down and watched Sportscenter? Or one of their analysis shows like NFL Live or whatever the CFB equivalent is? It's been like 4 years since I really have watched anything other than College Gameday or a live sporting event on ESPN. Nobody I know watches it anymore. If I want sports news, I'm going to Twitter, any one of dozens of dedicated online news outlets, sports statistics sites, blogs, gambling sites, you name it. ESPN might find a way to suck in the mouthbreathers out there, but by and large your halfway informed sports fan has pretty much drifted away from ESPN. Their ratings are down. They're grasping at straws with new panel shows and contrived arguments and storylines. Look for them to lay off hundreds more people in the coming years. The internet is hard to compete with, especially for an organization as outdated as ESPN.

I can't even be bothered to get up in arms about anything said on that network anymore because nothing they say carries any weight anymore - the credibility has almost been entirely lost.

I didnt even realize it until about 2-3 yrs ago....but i hadn't watched espn sportscenter, analysis, etc etc for so long that when i was flipping through the channels and came upon it it hit me.

So i watched for about 10 minutes and was just so tuned out and turned off by the anchors and their ridiculous lead-in soliloquies and fast talking mumbo-jumbo i realized why i dont watch it: it sucks and has nearly nothing to offer me as a form of information or analysis. Its really bad and its just a big light show that barely catches the edge of what it once was.

I mean seriously, it's practically unwatchable. The anchors think THEY are part of the show/sport/value of what they offer. I want sports, not whatever they think they have invented to "entertain" us with. Espn sucks ass

I don't even think that ESPN is a leading sports media institution anymore in terms of analysis or content. Okieland basically nailed it.

Think about it - when's the last time you actually sat down and watched Sportscenter? Or one of their analysis shows like NFL Live or whatever the CFB equivalent is? It's been like 4 years since I really have watched anything other than College Gameday or a live sporting event on ESPN. Nobody I know watches it anymore. If I want sports news, I'm going to Twitter, any one of dozens of dedicated online news outlets, sports statistics sites, blogs, gambling sites, you name it. ESPN might find a way to suck in the mouthbreathers out there, but by and large your halfway informed sports fan has pretty much drifted away from ESPN. Their ratings are down. They're grasping at straws with new panel shows and contrived arguments and storylines. Look for them to lay off hundreds more people in the coming years. The internet is hard to compete with, especially for an organization as outdated as ESPN.

I can't even be bothered to get up in arms about anything said on that network anymore because nothing they say carries any weight anymore - the credibility has almost been entirely lost.

The last time I planned on watching it is when Will Ferrell and David Koechner were going to host Sportscenter, but that fell through, I believe. Last time I actually watched it on purpose, I don't know, late 90s?

I feel the exact same way. I was working out the other day and I turned on espn first to see if there was a game, just sportscenter so I watched something else. When I think about it, I really only watch during football season. I can see sports news elsewhere and I don't need ten peoples takes on the ramifications of this incredible news and listen to it being the "top story" for a week straight. Espn is great to keep up with my teams online and follow schedules and occasionally read a decent story. Besides that the people involved are lame washed up coaches, players, and other fake celebs that don't have anything better to do.

Personally I use their web page a bit, College hoops, Soccer and the NFL and check some scores and avoid the college football section like fire.

Still, Considering no one watches or reads it, there are a lot of posts on this forum referring to what they wrote and honestly they still unfortunately carry more influence then any other sports network.