The Real Top 10

Forget the crappy polls. This is the real top 10. Please note that this top 10 is based upon week one. Kinda like determining the top ten hitters after hitting in games for one week. I am not trying to prognosticate who ultimately will be number one. Rather, these were the ten best teams this past weekend. Since there was no previous top 10, why shouldn't these teams be rated in this order? Without further ado, here is the real top 10:

10. Auburn. Good, solid, 45-21 win over Arkansas.

9. Stanford. 45-0 over a patsy.However,they barely beat the same patsy last year.Things are on the way up.

8. Oklahoma. Jumped to 31-3 halftime lead on always pesky La-Tech, and coasted to victory.

7. Oregon. Throttled South Dakota State.

6. LSU. Houdini victory over Wisconsin. Typical daredevil victory by 'the hat."

5. Nebraska. Looked like the Huskers of old on both sides of the ball. Score would have been 82-10 if Husker had kept starters in longer.

4. USC. Obliterated Fresno State, who is always tough.

3. Baylor. 45-0. This team is on a mission.

2. Georgia. Georgia destroyed a good Clemson team. The only reason why Georgia is not number 1 is that they won at home, as opposed to on the road.

1. Texas A&M. Went into South Carolina and absolutely DESTROYED the number 9 team. Can't get better than this.

Did you honestly expect to see FSU and Bama in the top 10? Did their play even remotely warrant a top 10 vote? No chance.

Ha ha! He's just saying these were ten of the top week 1 performances. I'd agree that those teams had some of the best performances in the nation. In week one, anyway. :lol:

This. People taking the OP way too seriously. I thought he explained it well in the first paragraph.

That being said, any Top 10 that doesn't include NDSU is flawed.

I hope we are still in the Top 10 after playing Mac 'N Cheese State.

Forget the crappy polls. This is the real top 10. Please note that this top 10 is based upon week one. Kinda like determining the top ten hitters after hitting in games for one week. I am not trying to prognosticate who ultimately will be number one. Rather, these were the ten best teams this past weekend. Since there was no previous top 10, why shouldn't these teams be rated in this order? Without further ado, here is the real top 10:

10. Auburn. Good, solid, 45-21 win over Arkansas.

9. Stanford. 45-0 over a patsy.However,they barely beat the same patsy last year.Things are on the way up.

8. Oklahoma. Jumped to 31-3 halftime lead on always pesky La-Tech, and coasted to victory.

7. Oregon. Throttled South Dakota State.

6. LSU. Houdini victory over Wisconsin. Typical daredevil victory by 'the hat."

5. Nebraska. Looked like the Huskers of old on both sides of the ball. Score would have been 82-10 if Husker had kept starters in longer.

4. USC. Obliterated Fresno State, who is always tough.

3. Baylor. 45-0. This team is on a mission.

2. Georgia. Georgia destroyed a good Clemson team. The only reason why Georgia is not number 1 is that they won at home, as opposed to on the road.

1. Texas A&M. Went into South Carolina and absolutely DESTROYED the number 9 team. Can't get better than this.

Did you honestly expect to see FSU and Bama in the top 10? Did their play even remotely warrant a top 10 vote? No chance.

tumblr_lz9c9l54U11qg16aeo1_250.png

3. I did say that Oregon played "South Dakota State." (I at least got something right).

Okay but that's wrong.

Oh, you mean that there are two universities in South Dakota? My bad!

Yes, the University of South Dakota is different than South Dakota State University.

there are actually a few universities in south dakota. believe it or not.

I'm told the Rapid City Institute of Technology and Feed Store is a real hidden gem.

Yikes.

Well for starters, Stanford last played UC Davis in 2005. And lost. They're a FCS school that's great at swimming and water polo, and not much else. And the Ca school you're mistaking them with is San Jose St. A very different animal than the Davis Aggies.

The only thing pesky about La Tech is the mosquitoes. Just because you remember Tim Rattay torching NU through the air in Solich's debut doesn't make them pesky.

Oregon played South Dakota, not SDSU, I'm sensing a trend in this post.

LSU deserves to jump ten spots because Wisconsin had a hurt QB out there? Heavens.

I'm absolutely astounded what a victory over FAU has done to some people. It was a nice win, let's not turn this into something it probably isn't. I mean the 2007 Husker squad looked like the Huskers of old against Nevada in the 07 opener. I don't think this team is 95 good nor 07 bad.

I'm going to say it again, Fresno State is not always tough. They're sometimes bad. And they looked bad against USC.

Georgia is not the #2 team in the country. Period.

And having A&M at your top is probably the best evidence toward the argument that there should be no polls until week six.

+1. Nice Tim Rattay reference.

Truthfully, did you Google it or did you remember his name? He killed us.

The only reason I remember is because he was the "answer" for one of the 49ers particularly horrible years in the mid 2000's

Troy Edwards. That bastard killed us. He broke 400 receiving yards if I remember correctly.

Yes, the University of South Dakota is different than South Dakota State University.

I'm told the Rapid City Institute of Technology and Feed Store is a real hidden gem.

Hey, that is where I went to college, and it is actually called South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. Division 2 school even

3. I did say that Oregon played "South Dakota State." (I at least got something right).

Okay but that's wrong.

Oh, you mean that there are two universities in South Dakota? My bad!

Black Hills State in Spearfish I believe. I actually almost transferred there from UNK