This is why you never, ever, ever let up

knapplc

The announcer of the Alabama - West Virginia game said, "The Big Ten West is weak at best" with heavy emphasis on "at best" when talking about why Wisconsin needed to beat LSU.

The announcer of the USC - Fresno State team said, "Nebraska needs to watch out for this Fresno State team" [paraphrasing] after USC just made Fresno look as silly as we made FAU look.

Woof.

Yeah perception is not good right now in the eyes of some. A good dose of what the 1997 team did to Washington in Seattle would go a long way if they managed to do it to, say MSU and Wisc.

Knapp, I didn't read through the responses, and maybe someone touched on this. But coming from me, and understanding the seasons I've endured as an assistant coach. Almost every game we've been an underdog, at least in the last 3-4 years. Do we tell our kids that? No. You can't. You go in thinking you are and underdog and are suppose to lose, then you'll never pull the upset AKA App St vs Mich 2007 esque. Also, Is that kid from FAU really gunna say "Yes, we definitely knew we were underdogs.". Are the coaches going to say "Well we're just going to collect our paycheck and get our arse's stomped" No. They gotta sell that they have a good gameplan and that if they execute it, they'll win.

I get the point but, to me, I don't care what the other team thinks. Be yourself, execute and win. Who cares what outside forces think. The perception is what it is right now, and Bo and company are making the changes necessary to change that. Clearly. Unless we haven't been following the off season and or don't believe what we're being told.

Keep winning, and the rest takes care of it self.

This is all well and good but the point is he made his comments AFTER they got stomped. There were many avenues this guy could have gone down and not end up getting skewered like he is. He chose not to and now he is taking it on the chin.

Come Saturday, no one will care what he said. But for now, people are going to pile on.

yup, the kid definitely sh#t in his mess kit.......if you lose, be humble, instead of comparing your athletes and making lame ass excuses for your piss poor execution.

when we get beat, we accept our poor play and the fact that our kids are better or faster is not the issue, but how we played the game....better teams get beat all the time by teams that play better, with lesser athletes....shhheseeee

Ha, that's some serious bravado coming out of these FAU players that just got blown out of the water.

It's good, though, you want that attitude in a program, you want confidence and not backing down to anyone. You want a team that just got licked 55-7 to be full of players who think, "Give us another chance, we'll take them."

Has nothing to do with reality, though. And don't worry -- win the games and the fear/respect/whatever will come.

This guy is the guy who gets beat by Bell here (first play shown). He also gets beat by Bell a couple of other times before going out. He's also consistently and easily blocked by Bell on our running plays.

(I'm an idiot, and don't know how to embed)

He can talk a lot. But he didn't even perform and his speed couldn't keep up with Bell's. Didn't even come close to touching the ball on any passes coming his way.

Just thought I'd point out his performance.

The announcer of the Alabama - West Virginia game said, "The Big Ten West is weak at best" with heavy emphasis on "at best" when talking about why Wisconsin needed to beat LSU.

The announcer of the USC - Fresno State team said, "Nebraska needs to watch out for this Fresno State team" [paraphrasing] after USC just made Fresno look as silly as we made FAU look.

Woof.

That is exactly the kind of thing they should be bringing to the attention of our players.

I'm going to be lame and not do the research, but I know someone said this off-season that we've been a victim of expecting to win and not expecting to work to win, or something along those lines. We don't have the proper mindset heading into our games. It's why we should have beaten Northwestern pretty handily at least two of the three games, and had to win on a hail mary and a last-second field goal miss. It wasn't because we weren't better than them, it was because they out-moxied us. THREE times.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me three freaking times and you have GOT to be kidding me.

Or something like that.

• Fire 1

Are inferior teams afraid to play Nebraska anymore? No they aren't, but, I don't think most lower level teams are afraid of playing most power five teams anymore. Not too many teams really physically beat up opponents anymore. They may get beat bad, but not physically killed. The playing field is leveled to a degree. Every team has some good players.

They see playing a team like Nebraska or Alabama or whoever as an opportunity, not as just a pay check. Unfortunately that is the way I see it.

Woof.

That is exactly the kind of thing they should be bringing to the attention of our players.

I'm going to be lame and not do the research, but I know someone said this off-season that we've been a victim of expecting to win and not expecting to work to win, or something along those lines. We don't have the proper mindset heading into our games. It's why we should have beaten Northwestern pretty handily at least two of the three games, and had to win on a hail mary and a last-second field goal miss. It wasn't because we weren't better than them, it was because they out-moxied us. THREE times.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me three freaking times and you have GOT to be kidding me.

Or something like that.

So they should be listening to announcers from ESPN and Fox Sports, and a deluded player on a team they just pounded? LOL! Put that FAU player's quotes up on the bulletin board and none of them will take it seriously, nor should they.

They should play and practice hard because that's how you win and get better. They have no control over what others think of them. It's a loser's game to worry about that.

Might I point out that talk is talk. Announcers say some of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Just because Wiscy lost to LSU doesn't mean anything. Remember, MSU lost to Notre Damn last year. They went on to win the Big Ten and finish #3 in all the final polls. Wiscy could very well win every single game from here on out, and be in the playoff. (That ain't happening because Wiscy don't scare me!). I am sure that if you asked those announcers last year at this time what they thought of Auburn, they would've said "Auburn is weak... At best!"

All I am saying is talk is talk. What matters is what happens on the field. Jameis Winston could have a season ending injury. Guess what? All those predictions for them being in the playoff as the #1 seed go out the window. Talk is junk. From anyone (especially from these supposed "experts").

What matters is what each individual team does when it matters most. Think NW is feeling good about those losses to us because they "had more moxie"? Hell no. They didn't execute when they needed to. Think Alabama is feeling good coming close to winning the Iron Bowl last year practically guaranteeing a spot in the NC game? Hell no. Think Georgia felt good about being 5 yards away from being the NC game? I can guarantee none of us feel good about being tied at 31 with Georgia in the 4th quarter that year, but ultimately losing.

Moxie ain't gettin you anywhere.

This kid has tons of "Moxie". I hope he uses it for good for his team. But he didn't for our game. Got beat by Bell, and blocked by Bell. Plenty of "moxie" though.

Anyway, I am not saying anyone is wrong. I am merely saying, talk is junk. Moxie is junk unless you are the one with the W. Let's win all our games. AND GBR!!

• Fire 1

They should play and practice hard because that's how you win and get better. They have no control over what others think of them.

They should. History shows that they haven't.

And if you've never heard of "bulletin board material" or why it can be effective, you should look into that.

Might I point out that talk is talk.

All I am saying is talk is talk.

Anyway, I am not saying anyone is wrong. I am merely saying, talk is junk.

I'm having a really hard time understanding what you're saying here.

:D

HAHA!! I noticed that after I wrote it. Thought I'd change it but then said: "F*#% it!" and pressed "post" with authority.

• Fire 1

They should play and practice hard because that's how you win and get better. They have no control over what others think of them.

They should. History shows that they haven't.

And if you've never heard of "bulletin board material" or why it can be effective, you should look into that.

Not when it is ludicrous. That FAU player was so far off base all we can do is laugh, and you are so far off base for taking him seriously that all I can do is laugh at what you're posting.

I think everyone but Knapp is missing Knapps point. No one is scared of NU anymore. No one cares we are on the their schedule. No doubt in my mind, FAU came in here thinking they could win. Now doing it is something different, but they believed they could.

I'm not missing the point. I'm disagreeing with the point. Who cares if a team is afraid of NU or if they're convinced they can beat NU? It's possible to win in either case. NU just needs to focus on NU. Winning trumps talk, attitude, etc.

• Fire 1