***Official McNeese Game State Discussion Thread***

Mavric

I want him to succeed but he needs to clean up his game. TA almost cost us this game. If you can't see that, you need some glasses.

He needs to clean up his game, for sure, but I don't see how we win this one without him. This guy is more than a game manager, he's integral to our offense and made big plays today.

that is all i am saying. he made mistakes, but the reason this game was not great was because the whole team played down and uninspired.

True. It was a team loss. Everyone is to blame from the top down. But if Tommy makes the plays that were out there for him, it's a 35-7 game in the 2nd quarter.

True. It was a team loss. Everyone is to blame from the top down. But if Tommy makes the plays that were out there for him, it's a 35-7 game in the 2nd quarter.

he made some great plays, but he missed some and made some big mistakes. no doubt. but then you got to wonder what that game looks like if our o-line establishes the run for ameer. the pick six felt pretty bad, but the whole team folded.

i still think tommy gives more than he takes. but, yeah, if he avoids some of his mistakes, the game looks different. but if our 'd' is dominant, the game looks different. if we win in the trenches, the game looks different.

he made some great plays, but he missed some and made some big mistakes. no doubt. but then you got to wonder what that game looks like if our o-line establishes the run for ameer. the pick six felt pretty bad, but the whole team folded.

i still think tommy gives more than he takes. but, yeah, if he avoids some of his mistakes, the game looks different. but if our 'd' is dominant, the game looks different. if we win in the trenches, the game looks different.

No doubt that the run blocking was bad,but the pass blocking was pretty good.

The d was actually o.k. until the offense stagnated in that second half and they were on the field seemingly the entire time. That offensive stagnation falls mostly on beck and Tommy. The pass plays were there. Tommy couldn't get them done.

Edit. .. Tommy is more of a liability. Doesn't make plays and makes horrible decisions and turnovers.

No doubt that the run blocking was bad,but the pass blocking was pretty good.

The d was actually o.k. until the offense stagnated in that second half and they were on the field seemingly the entire time. That offensive stagnation falls mostly on beck and Tommy. The pass plays were there. Tommy couldn't get them done.

Edit. .. Tommy is more of a liability. Doesn't make plays and makes horrible decisions and turnovers.

my disagreements are minor. i think we are pretty close to being on the same page.

i still think ta is better than he is bad (but today it was close) and will prove to be a quality qb.

the d was ok, but even with the stagnating offense, they should have gotten more three and outs.

i do not think you are wrong, i just do not see it exactly the same.

I mean, he certainly didn't have a great day, but he still put up 373 yards of offense and 3 TDs to 1 turnover. I'll take that any day from a young, developing QB who "doesn't make plays".

thank you. he didn't have a perfect game, but i still think he is pretty good. everyone wants to harp on the 50% completion, but he does do a lot. unfortunately, he plays for a team that can implode if he doesn't play perfectly.

Beck really should self-scout a little more.

His love of the deep ball and failure to believe in a zone read vs an over-matched opponent on 3rd and 2 is embarrassing

imho, our lack of utilization of AA on short swing passes (or anything in space) has been apparent for 3 long years.

Consistently puzzling...........??

Not when you realize the common denominator is Beck.

That was exactly my point....

(I threw the "consistently puzzling" phrase in there to avoid sounding too negative)

Also the O-line displayed about as poorly as I can remember in terms of generating any push.