Let's avoid meltdown mode for once...

corncraze

Wow that was a humbling game. However, although this performance is far far below our standards, I urge you to withhold from your own criticisms until the season is over. The last thing we need to do is tear down our own team during a time they need our support the most. Let's just see how this plays out. Go Big Red!

• Fire 6

Wow that was a humbling game. However, although this performance is far far below our standards, I urge you to withhold from your own criticisms until the season is over. The last thing we need to do is tear down our own team during a time they need our support the most. Let's just see how this plays out. Go Big Red!

this is a reasonable sane approach.
  • Fire 1

pretty similar to what people were saying after last season when the "negativers" took over. "guys, can we at least get to the season, see how we do." well, second game into the season against an fcs team and we have the exact same issues that have plagued us and we can not get through 6 qtrs. of complete. competent football.

Yep. Year 7 and the same crap. I don't mind getting owned by an FCS school. I can wait. I mean its not like we're Nebraska and should expect more from our coaches.........

Really? Owned? While I think McNeese played a pretty good game and was somewhat unlucky not to win or at least get to overtime, Nebraska won the game.

pretty similar to what people were saying after last season when the "negativers" took over. "guys, can we at least get to the season, see how we do." well, second game into the season against an fcs team and we have the exact same issues that have plagued us and we can not get through 6 qtrs. of complete. competent football.

6 quarters? Your standards have increased! Shame on you!

We played even with, and sometimes worse than, an FCS team. While McNeese deserves credit for playing their asses off and making some big plays when it mattered, Nebraska should not ever be in danger of losing to an FCS team. Not ever. Losing focus does happen in college football to just about every team...but it happens to this team (Pelini's Huskers) far, far too often. And to such a devastating extent that we nearly lose to an FCS team. Justify it all you want, but it has been going on for too long.

fau was a complete game. our first qtr. today was pretty promising. then things fell apart.

i was really ready to believe that this year was different. we can still win out, but this is pretty inexcusable.

fau was a complete game. our first qtr. today was pretty promising. then things fell apart.

i was really ready to believe that this year was different. we can still win out, but this is pretty inexcusable.

But we couldn't get a complete game before. So things have change?!?

Baby steps! 7 more years and we'll get 2 complete games in one year.

Yep. Year 7 and the same crap. I don't mind getting owned by an FCS school. I can wait. I mean its not like we're Nebraska and should expect more from our coaches.........

Really? Owned? While I think McNeese played a pretty good game and was somewhat unlucky not to win or at least get to overtime, Nebraska won the game.

Huskers owned the final scoreboard. McNeese owned the whole second half. In Lincoln. And they are an FCS school.