Let's avoid meltdown mode for once...

corncraze

Take away that 58 yrs hail mary run and they out rushed the vaunted Red Storm.

It was a pass.....and no they didn't.
Think he's talking about run after the catch.

Thanks, I'm aware of that. But when he says "take away" that and they outrushed us, it's incorrect because it's passing yards.....and we still outrushed them.

That doesn't make me defensive and is actually a reasonable rebuttal. But it still doesn't change my opinion that it was and should be considered substandard and unacceptable. If this is now Nebraska football and we are supposed to accept it, I don't want to have anything to do with it. Putting one in the win column, in that fashion, against fcs McNeese, means absolutely nothing to me. I mean nothing. Unreasonable? Quite possibly, but I've got way better things to do with my time, caring, and effort than to act like that team accomplished something of importance today. I've got nothing but the word pathetic to describe it. Sorry if some don't agree or view that as unreasonable. It is what it is.

I understand where you're coming from, but I guess my take is longer term than one game. I also consider the performance substandard, but I don't know what you mean by "unacceptable". I watch the Huskers because I'm a fan, and I'll watch them whether they're 12-0 or 0-12. You're free to do whatever you want with your time. I'm disappointed with the play this week, but I'm excited to see if we can improve for next week and the weeks beyond.

For me, we won the game and our goals are all still intact. If we win all the rest, we'll be national champs regardless of this close call. If we lose all the rest, I'll be sad but hopeful we can turn it around next year.

Take away that 58 yrs hail mary run and they out rushed the vaunted Red Storm.

It was a pass.....and no they didn't.

My bad. Point being, y'all want to count this moral victory, go ahead. Those stats looked like we were playing another FBS school. Oh yea, parity, they had transfers from FBS schools, we were overlooking them to next weeks power house Fresno..........

We flat sucked on both sides and were an incredible effort from AA from losing to a FCS school. Something NU has never done. I'm tired of thinking that the product I have seen for the past 7 years will change. I am tired of people finding the silver lining in being embarrassed again. Having a hypesman candidate in AA and pissing it away with horrible play calling. The "pipe line" O getting owned at the LOS etc....

Yep. Year 7 and the same crap. I don't mind getting owned by an FCS school. I can wait. I mean its not like we're Nebraska and should expect more from our coaches.........

Really? Owned? While I think McNeese played a pretty good game and was somewhat unlucky not to win or at least get to overtime, Nebraska won the game.

Huskers owned the final scoreboard. McNeese owned the whole second half. In Lincoln. And they are an FCS school.

My beef is with the hyperbolic "owned". Both teams scored 10 points in the second half. Huskers won the game. I can understand saying that McNeese out-played the Huskers at various parts of the game, but no where did I see them "own" the game.

What I see is the Huskers scratched out a win despite playing mediocre/poorly. McNeese played well but not great - fewer dropped passes or better tackling and they likely get the win or at least into overtime.

Ok I won't argue with that word. The Huskers outplayed MSU in the first half, just as MSU outplayed the Huskers in the second half. I will credit MSU for taking it to the Huskers until that TD sealed the deal with a minute left. It was all tied up and looking like overtime was needed. That was the way the game played out today. By all accounts, nobody thought that would happen.

McNeese didn't come close to owning us. We were the far better team on the field today. But we called this game (and had a few bad errors on the way) in a way that almost let them get away with a stunning upset.

As it happened, they didn't, and we escaped with a scare.

Teams that are superior like Nebraska clearly is can't be messing around and flirting with danger like that. You wonder when the staff will learn...

But, yeah. While it was a scare, we still had the better team on the field. In most cases. OL and LB get negatives for their work today.

Per who? Can you honestly say that to a McNeese player, coach or fan? They might think differently.

No, we weren't the better team on the field, or, if we were, it was by a narrow margin.

We SHOULD be the far better team. This SHOULD have been a rout. But it wasn't.

So, first, hats off to McNeese State for playing their hearts out.

Second, we won. I'll take the ugliest damn win on the planet over the nicest looking loss any day.

Third, there's nothing that can be done about this game at this point, but the team can change their future for the better, if they want to.

That doesn't make me defensive and is actually a reasonable rebuttal. But it still doesn't change my opinion that it was and should be considered substandard and unacceptable. If this is now Nebraska football and we are supposed to accept it, I don't want to have anything to do with it. Putting one in the win column, in that fashion, against fcs McNeese, means absolutely nothing to me. I mean nothing. Unreasonable? Quite possibly, but I've got way better things to do with my time, caring, and effort than to act like that team accomplished something of importance today. I've got nothing but the word pathetic to describe it. Sorry if some don't agree or view that as unreasonable. It is what it is.

I understand where you're coming from, but I guess my take is longer term than one game. I also consider the performance substandard, but I don't know what you mean by "unacceptable". I watch the Huskers because I'm a fan, and I'll watch them whether they're 12-0 or 0-12. You're free to do whatever you want with your time. I'm disappointed with the play this week, but I'm excited to see if we can improve for next week and the weeks beyond.i

For me, we won the game and our goals are all still intact. If we win all the rest, we'll be national champs regardless of this close call. If we lose all the rest, I'll be sad but hopeful we can turn it around next year.

You have a much healthier and positive approach than I do. I realize this. I've just been on the fence too long. I knew, deep down I knew, last week that my exuberance with the first complete game performance in seven years was just setting me up for a harder, faster fall. But I am officially there and am ready for things to change so they can improve. I'm done with nine wins against inferior opponents being enough. Done.

I understand where you're coming from, but I guess my take is longer term than one game. I also consider the performance substandard, but I don't know what you mean by "unacceptable". I watch the Huskers because I'm a fan, and I'll watch them whether they're 12-0 or 0-12. You're free to do whatever you want with your time. I'm disappointed with the play this week, but I'm excited to see if we can improve for next week and the weeks beyond.i

You have a much healthier and positive approach than I do. I realize this. I've just been on the fence too long. I knew, deep down I knew, last week that my exuberance with the first complete game performance in seven years was just setting me up for a harder, faster fall. But I am officially there and am ready for things to change so they can improve. I'm done with nine wins against inferior opponents being enough. Done.

So this is your last post?