*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Riley under performs again, starting early?.........what a concept.

One of the top classes in the past 15 years. Your standards are questionable.....But what's new

2016 is a solid class, enough to win the B1G West.

However, I see three problems with this class. (1) They missed late on 4-5 big prospects that they could not close earlier. This prevented them from going to their plan B guys, besides Engelhaupt. (2) In-state recruiting was very poor this year. Missed on Bubak and Fant. Never offered Manchigiah. (3) DL recruitment was garbage. We did get two DE which is good, but we needed some top-end pass rushers and reload on DT. However, we were never really in with anyone period (let alone elite talent).

I definitely like the class. The secondary in particular will be a strength going forward, for sure. OL is another area of strength in this class, and they got their QB and RB.

Edited by Thanks_Tom RR
Corrected the year.

Riley under performs again, starting early?.........what a concept.

One of the top classes in the past 15 years. Your standards are questionable.....But what's new

2017 is a solid class, enough to win the B1G West.

However, I see three problems with this class. (1) They missed late on 4-5 big prospects that they could not close earlier. This prevented them from going to their plan B guys, besides Engelhaupt. (2) In-state recruiting was very poor this year. Missed on Bubak and Fant. Never offered Manchigiah. (3) DL recruitment was garbage. We did get two DE which is good, but we needed some top-end pass rushers and reload on DT. However, we were never really in with anyone period (let alone elite talent).

I definitely like the class. The secondary in particular will be a strength going forward, for sure. OL is another area of strength in this class, and they got their QB and RB.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***