*** 2017 Recruiting ***

The buzz on twitter about Nebraska is amazing. Reminds me of how after the '09 BXII CCG a bunch of defensive recruits were talking about Nebraska.

Except they were doing that talking on yahoo chat rooms... Right?

Personally, I was more of an MSN guy.

Yahoo Messenger started it all, but MSN messenger changed the game.

The buzz on twitter about Nebraska is amazing. Reminds me of how after the '09 BXII CCG a bunch of defensive recruits were talking about Nebraska.

You're thinking of AIM.

You're thinking of AIM.

I didn't use AIM much. Started on Yahoo and switched to MSN.

You're thinking of AIM.

I didn't use AIM much. Started on Yahoo and switched to MSN.
AIM, where middle school and high school relationships were both born and killed.

LINK

Here is something I have always found interesting. I was on a board once where a guy did this. It looks like Josh Harvey has taken over doing it.

The idea is that when looking at recruiting needs, you should be able to build a two deep with two consecutive classes. So....you would look at last year's class and combine that with this year's class and you should be able to put together a two deep.

Looking at Josh's article, it looks like we definitely need (Current commit's taken into consideration):

QB 1

RB 1

WR 0 Currently 2

TE 2

OL 6

DT 4

DE 3

LB 2 Currently 1

DB 3

Now, we have 3 commits so adding those to the list, that's 25 recruits for this class. If we end up being able to take 25-27, that leaves room for taking a few other players if we want to build more depth at a position.

Just gives you a little idea of how the staff may want to distribute the scholarships.

• Fire 2

LINK

Here is something I have always found interesting. I was on a board once where a guy did this. It looks like Josh Harvey has taken over doing it.

The idea is that when looking at recruiting needs, you should be able to build a two deep with two consecutive classes. So....you would look at last year's class and combine that with this year's class and you should be able to put together a two deep.

Looking at Josh's article, it looks like we definitely need (Current commit's taken into consideration):

QB 1

RB 1

WR 0 Currently 2

OL 6

DT 4

DE 3

LB 2 Currently 1

DB 3

Now, we have 3 commits so adding those to the list, that's 23 recruits for this class. If we end up being able to take 25-27, that leaves room for taking a few other players if we want to build more depth at a position.

Just gives you a little idea of how the staff may want to distribute the scholarships.

That list leaves out TE's, which I think the staff would want at least 1-2.

LINK

QB 1

RB 1

WR 0 Currently 2

OL 6

DT 4

DE 3

LB 2 Currently 1

DB 3

Now, we have 3 commits so adding those to the list, that's 23 recruits for this class. If we end up being able to take 25-27, that leaves room for taking a few other players if we want to build more depth at a position.

That list leaves out TE's, which I think the staff would want at least 1-2.

Sorry...yes...I missed that. I'll edit my original post.

Thanks,

Wow, four DTs. Not good. I can see us taking three HS DTs, but I'm not sure a recruit would want to be one of four for this position. Hopefully snag a JUCO to slide into a previous class.

I don't think we need a JUCO DT. I'd bet we get 2 for sure and hopefully 3. The Davis twins will carry us for the next four years. Need a couple this year for depth behind them then a couple more next year to start re-stocking.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***