*** 2017 Recruiting ***

I'll take the other side Matty. Loser buys beer before a game in 2018 (if we can get to the same one I'll probably make one).

Goodness, has no one ever read posts by that punk who was blabbing about Nebraska finishing closer to 40 than 15? I'm just being a sarcastic a-hole. I'm a sunshine pumper bro. I'm believing in a top 10 class right meow! GBR! But I'll still do the best thing if you want!

(I believe it was GOAT)

It was GOAT. Heard he and cm husker love pissing in Cheerios together.

I've been studying the numbers and our 3 biggest positions of need in this class based on scholarship bodies, youth, and lack of depth are OT, DT, and TE.

We only have 4 scholarship tackles on the team next year and desperately need some upperclassmen. We need a JUCO and 2 HS players at tackle in 2017.

We lose 3 seniors at DT and behind that we have Stoltenberg, Newell, and the davis twins. With our history of injuries at that position we need at least 2, preferably 3 tackles. There are no upperclassmen so a JUCO would be nice for immediate contribution and to balance #'s.

We lose 3 TE's and only have 3 on the team after that. Snyder needs development and we haven't seen the 2016 signees yet. Riley wants 2-3, with one possibly being a JUCO. We have no upperclassmen at this position.

Next I look at the second tier needs...

We have some solid players at WR but we need to use the momentum we have right now to pull 4-5 freaks in this year. Mike likes some 4 WR sets and to do that we need 10-12 on the team. Plus with the history of hamstring and groin injuries with this group depth is a must.

Our depth strengths?

We have a lot of youth at CB, S, LB, and DE. We've got 4-6 Underclassmen at each of those positions.

We have strong depth at QB (Lee, O'Brien, Gebbia)

We have strong depth at RB (Ozigbo, Wilbon, Bryant)

We have 7 promising young guys at OG/C. We could use 1 good player in this class but only if he is really good.

• Fire 2

1 QB

1 RB

3 FB/TE

3 OT

1 OG

5 WR

(14 offense)

2 DT

2 DE

3 LB

4 DB

(11 defense)

Puts us at 25 man class. Which seems likely.

I don't see us taking 4 DB. We need the numbers at other positions too badly and we don't lose any comers and have 3 coming in. All 7 CB's will be back next season. (Jones, Kalu, Joseph, Lee, Jackson, Dismuke, Bootle)

We also have K Williams, A Williams, A Reed, A Anderson, Butler, and Domann at safety. We really only need 1 corner and 1 safety.

1 QB

1 RB

3 FB/TE

3 OT

1 OG

5 WR

(14 offense)

2 DT

2 DE

3 LB

4 DB

(11 defense)

Puts us at 25 man class. Which seems likely.

I don't see us taking 4 DB. We need the numbers at other positions too badly and we don't lose any comers and have 3 coming in. All 7 CB's will be back next season. (Jones, Kalu, Joseph, Lee, Jackson, Dismuke, Bootle)

We also have K Williams, A Williams, A Reed, A Anderson, Butler, and Domann at safety. We really only need 1 corner and 1 safety.

If we are trying to recruit a two deep every two years we need two S and one CB. If someone skips a redshirt, which is probably likely, then you to replace that one as well.

If we take one of each and they both flop, then you have a hole in the secondary for the future.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***