*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Nate Clouse posted in RSS that he's 90% sure Nebraska will sign Lewis, Lindsey and Calvin when it's all over.

I've noticed that Clouse seems to be a bit over-confident over at least the last year or so (didn't follow him as closely before that) but we're definitely in a good spot.

Nate Clouse posted in RSS that he's 90% sure Nebraska will sign Lewis, Lindsey and Calvin when it's all over.

I've noticed that Clouse seems to be a bit over-confident over at least the last year or so (didn't follow him as closely before that) but we're definitely in a good spot.

Sometimes I feel like he posts stuff like that to draw attention to himself. But, you're right in that Nebraska has a good shot at all three (especially Calvin).

Sometimes I feel like he posts stuff like that to draw attention to himself. But, you're right in that Nebraska has a good shot at all three (especially Calvin).
To his credit, he did call Sichterman two weeks prior to visit and announcement, but that prediction is too wild for me to get excited about. I could see 2 of the 3, but going 3/3 would be one of the best WR classes ever.

To his credit, he did call Sichterman two weeks prior to visit and announcement, but that prediction is too wild for me to get excited about. I could see 2 of the 3, but going 3/3 would be one of the best WR classes ever.

Yeah, I'm not trying to discredit him. He digs up some really good info. But there were a few guys last year who he was pretty sure on and missed. IIRC, he was still pretty confident we'd get Simmons right up until the end even though it seemed to a lot of people that he was sliding Clemson's way.

Really hope he's right in this case.

Yeah, I'm not trying to discredit him. He digs up some really good info. But there were a few guys last year who he was pretty sure on and missed. IIRC, he was still pretty confident we'd get Simmons right up until the end even though it seemed to a lot of people that he was sliding Clemson's way.

Really hope he's right in this case.

Yeah, I hear that. That Simmons one stunk, but I think with a solid season (9-3 range) and the early momentum on the recruiting front, that type of player picks Nebraska. Landing Lewis, Calvin, Lindsey, on top of McQ and KJJ would be amazing.

19-22 is the number as of now.

Priority:

DT - Only four left after this year. Behind by not taking one last year. For sure need two.

DE - Numbers aren't bad but really need some game-changers

TE - Only three after this year but at least they're young.

OT - Sitting well now with two commits.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA

RB - 1 - Jamari Peacock

FB - 0-1 - Ben Miles

WR - 4 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, Jamire Calvin, Tyjon Lindsey, Joseph Lewis

TE - 2-3 - AUSTIN ALLEN, Josh Falo

OT - 2-3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, Ryan Nelson, Broc Bando, Aaron Banks

OG/C - 1-2 -

DT - 2-3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, Isaiah Johnson (JUCO), Rutger Reitmaier

DE - 2-3 - Guy Thomas, Jacob Lichtenstein

LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, Nadarius Fagan, Rahyme Johnson

CB - 1-2 - Darnay Holmes, Deommodore Lenoir, Elijah Blades

S - 1-2 -

Mav, would you mind updating your list? Wondering where we are at with Bando's commitment, and who the top DB targets are, now. Thanks

Most people were wrong on Simmons.

Eh ... his Crystal Ball was 87% Clemson with no Husker picks. So "most people" had to pretty much be Husker fans still hoping to get his commitment.

That may have been true at the end. But, at one time, weren't a lot of people predicting Nebraska with him?

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***