*** 2017 Recruiting ***

I guess when you run the same offense as 85% of the rest of the league, have facilities that are top notch, but not far superior to the other big programs anymore, are many miles away from the likes of CA, TX, GA, FL, etc. and have a head coach that keeps coordinators like Banker around.....you're bound to come up a bit short. But we cannot forget......these guys NU were going after are the TOP NOTCH guys in the pick. Just to see a hat with the 'N' on the table is something. Been a pretty decent while since I saw that many N hats on the table for such a small group that was nationally announcing. I think it is steps forward.

No need to get angry everybody. The way to look at this is Riley is going into his third year. He either wins and gives Nebraska some national success or he loses and doesnt. Meaning his time in Lincoln will be short lived and perhaps only a couple years away we'll be ushering in hopefully the neXT great nebraska head football coach. But at least this isn't Riley's 1 or 2nd year anymore. It's a win win hopefully for us in the long run.

So are we going to finish closer to 25th or 15th this cycle?

35th.

If you play around with the class calculator on 247, I think we come close to top 25 even if we don't land the bigger fish left on the board.
That doesn't fit the narrative that this class is in shambles. Even though level headed people know it's more on the average to above average compared to past classes

The class rank debate is irrelevant to me. The OL and DL recruiting has been suspect and looks to continue. We will have to coach-up lesser star talent to be successful in those areas. If we can get stellar QB play in the next two years it will cover up a bit of our weaknesses.

The class grade will never factor in the OL or DL weakness as we will get the star rating at enough spots to cover up the lines.

So are we going to finish closer to 25th or 15th this cycle?

35th.

If you play around with the class calculator on 247, I think we come close to top 25 even if we don't land the bigger fish left on the board.
That doesn't fit the narrative that this class is in shambles. Even though level headed people know it's more on the average to above average compared to past classes

It's not in shambles, but it's been hyped for almost a year, and it looks like it's gonna fall right into the NU average of the last decade or so. That's disappointing.

• Fire 1

The class rank debate is irrelevant to me. The OL and DL recruiting has been suspect and looks to continue. We will have to cos h-up lesser star talent to be successful in those areas. If we can get stellar QB play in the next two years it will cover up a bit of our weaknesses.

The class grade will never factor in the OL or DL weakness as we will get the star rating at enough spots to cover up the lines.

The fact we swing and missed so bad on DE last year and that trend continues this year is deeply concerning. At DT I like the two prospects we have and even more so if we finish the class with Daniels. The OL recruiting in 16 was solid top to bottom. Missing on the two OTs yesterday hurt, but we have two solid commits currently.

I'm not sold that all our woes are cured in the trenches, but on the Oline side of things, I think we will have a lot more depth in 2017 and moving forward. I'd still love to see a JUCO or two on the Dline, but that's up to JP.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***