*** 2017 Recruiting ***

On 1620 the zone yesterday they were talking of a surprise visitor "of a position of need that's been highly criticized". I think it was Shaffer

Meaning not WR?

He said it as if it were a big secret. (I know trying to sell subscriptions) He said he was very surprised we were getting a visit but trusted his source.

On 1620 the zone yesterday they were talking of a surprise visitor "of a position of need that's been highly criticized". I think it was Shaffer

Meaning not WR?

He said it as if it were a big secret. (I know trying to sell subscriptions) He said he was very surprised we were getting a visit but trusted his source.

NVM

Edited by IllinioisHusker

Meaning not WR?

I'd love for it to be Beal.
My guess is it was Grimes he was referring too and the position criticism was because of Calvin situation.

Who do you guys like better Rafdal or Robinson? I assume we probably take whoever wants N first

Rafdal because he's from IN
I like Rafdals size. But who knows who could end up being better. I'll take him because he's 6'7" I like that.
Robinson is a lot more athletic though. I'm torn. Plus, Allen is already a tall target anyway.

Who do you guys like better Rafdal or Robinson? I assume we probably take whoever wants N first

I like Rafdals size. But who knows who could end up being better. I'll take him because he's 6'7" I like that.
Robinson is a lot more athletic though. I'm torn. Plus, Allen is already a tall target anyway.
Yeah, good to have two great options though.

Yeah, good to have two great options though.
Robinson is the more athletic of the two and could probably play outside in a pinch or red zone situation. From his highlights he was just a wr for the most part so I don't know if he blocks at all. Rafdal looks like the type of TE Iowa or Wisconsin sign. He blocks ok, catches eveything with his hands and runs good routes for a big guy. He also catches in traffic. There's been some good talent coming out of IN the last few years and it would be nice to start pulling more guys from there. Historically NU has done well with guys who have come from IN
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***