*** 2017 Recruiting ***

I could see the silent commits being Daniels and Greg Johnson.

Here is a question I've had rumbling around in my head while cooped up in the house because of ice.

Let's say we get to signing day and the staff realizes we only have 20 instead of 22 commits. Would you offer some players that are more of a project to fill the class or leave those scholarships open so we can sign more next year? From what I have read we only have something like 15-16 seniors graduating next year. IF we can't fill this class up with players we really want, I would suggest leaving a couple open and even out the classes. Two fewer recruits this year isn't going to hold back the program compared to taking a couple kids that probably aren't going to see the field.

Wishful thinking......wouldn't it be fun to get both Lewis and Grimes from USC?

I could see Daniels. I don't think it's Johnson unless it's just a place-holder. I think best-case is we're 50/50 at the moment and I actually think we're on the outside looking in.

I don't think (hope) that we'll only end up at 20. I think we have enough guys - and needs - to get to 22. But that might be why they are only looking at 22 instead of the full 25 (to save a couple for next year).

So, who do you think are the last 5 that will get us to 22?

I feel pretty good about Rafdal and Daniels. After that, I really don't know. Robinson perhaps.

I really don't feel all that great about any of our top DB targets. Not that we won't get a couple but I don't think we're clearly leading for any of them.

I don't think we get Lewis or Holmes but it sounds like we're gaining on Thompson and Grimes.

So, who do you think are the last 5 that will get us to 22?

I feel pretty good about Rafdal and Daniels. After that, I really don't know. Robinson perhaps.

I really don't feel all that great about any of our top DB targets. Not that we won't get a couple but I don't think we're clearly leading for any of them.

I don't think we get Lewis or Holmes but it sounds like we're gaining on Thompson and Grimes.

Grimes would be a huge coup.... A very nice consolation after (likely) missing out on Lewis.

I could see the silent commits being Daniels and Greg Johnson.

Here is a question I've had rumbling around in my head while cooped up in the house because of ice.

Let's say we get to signing day and the staff realizes we only have 20 instead of 22 commits. Would you offer some players that are more of a project to fill the class or leave those scholarships open so we can sign more next year? From what I have read we only have something like 15-16 seniors graduating next year. IF we can't fill this class up with players we really want, I would suggest leaving a couple open and even out the classes. Two fewer recruits this year isn't going to hold back the program compared to taking a couple kids that probably aren't going to see the field.

Wishful thinking......wouldn't it be fun to get both Lewis and Grimes from USC?

I can see Riley saving those 2 schollies for deserving walkons. maybe A couple of seniors?

No one thinks we end up with Calvin?

I think it's still possible. Heck, he might be a silent commit and he's just not going to say anything till signing day.

But, I'm not going to hold my breath. And, if I were a coach, he would have to do one hell of a good job convincing me he's seriously N for me to hold a spot for him.

In the end, if he's N....fantastic. If not....good luck.

Interesting tid bit that I thought of.

It's quite possible that none of the Calibraska players would have considered us without KJJ. However KJJ might very well end up being the lowest rated player of the group from California. He actively has recruited players at the same position as him that are higher talent wise.

His commitment meant the world to this class.

• Fire 4
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***