*** 2017 Recruiting ***

You will see how fast that changes if donations stop and the sellout streak ends and the athletic dept starts losing money because they cant sell tickets anymore because people are tired of spending tons of money for a losing program. It is getting closer to that point every year we go without a championship.

Maybe you dont have much invested into the program because its just something to entertain you on Saturdays, but a lot of people including myself spend their hard earned money to see a winning team put on the field. And if my donations go towards paying for a game changing 5 star player to help us achieve that goal for 3-4 years, you wont see me complaining.

• Fire 1

I've been posting on this board for a decade. I've spent hundreds of hours making hobby highlight videos of seasons and games. I've spent thousands of dollars on tickets/merch/food/etc.

The notion that I'm not invested, or that I don't care, is ludicrous. I just don't devote my time and money towards wins. I devote it to the social experience, the entertainment and enjoyment of being invested in the competition, the pursuit of excellence, the representation of my state/school/values, etc. I of course hope we win every game, and cheer my ass off even if I'm hundreds or thousands of miles away, but I'm fine if we don't. Too many more important things to worry about.

Not the victory, but the action

• Fire 6

Yep. I agree 100%. While the '90s were an embarrassment of victorious riches, I'm actually ashamed of what the team/coaches had to do to achieve it.

If we can't win championships doing it with integrity, I would rather we not win championships.

I have been a fan since I was about 6 years old in 1964. NEVER EVER do I recall ever hearing or feeling that Nebraska coaches from Devaney all the way to Riley today were willing to break the rules and knowlingly cheat or not live up to high ethical or moral judgments as to how Nebraska competed for players, in games or otherwise. It has NEVER been a win at any or all costs program and certainly was NEVER that way under Osborne and Solich in the 90s. I don't know where people get the idea that Osborne somehow cheated or otherwise didn't follow his own high standards during the 90s. Our program followed the highest ethical standards and protocols of ANY in the country throughout my lifetime so far as I am aware.

Did Nebraska have a few coaches who failed to follow the rules? Perhaps but I sure don't recall any names or circumstances in this regard. I think we had some 'inadvertant' or accidental NCAA rule violations a couple of times where it was learned we misinterpreted rules or didn't even know a rule existed. This in my view was being 'human' and as such 100% error free administration by many people over many ytears involving many sports, tens of thousands of athletes, millions of fans, etc is all but impossible. We have been as GOOD as any program in the Nation.

Despite his harsh and brash nature and rhetoric, even Bo Pelini, so far as I can remember, had NO infractions of this sort. His ethical and behavioral issues were certainly not criminal, or of a 'cheating' nature so far as I am aware. He was fiercely competitive (overly so to most people I am afraid) and this was his shortcoming and ultimately led to his dismissal. He played for Woody Hayes' school and sadly was a lot like him it seems.

Nebraska has NOTHING to apoligize for in regard to high standards and certainly not Tom Osborne. I feel he handled player discipline fairly, reasonably, honestly and intelligently. He is NOT a criminal judge nor should the athletic department be handing out punishments for any misdeeds of a athlete in the school Students are adults with civil rights just the same as any other American age 18+. The rights and responsibilities of many different organizations, individuals and interests are always involved. Judgements must be carefully considered in light of all the known and disclosed and undisclosed but relevant facts.

Yep. I agree 100%. While the '90s were an embarrassment of victorious riches, I'm actually ashamed of what the team/coaches had to do to achieve it.

If we can't win championships doing it with integrity, I would rather we not win championships.

I have been a fan since I was about 6 years old in 1964. NEVER EVER do I recall ever hearing or feeling that Nebraska coaches from Devaney all the way to Riley today were willing to break the rules and knowlingly cheat or not live up to high ethical or moral judgments as to how Nebraska competed for players, in games or otherwise. It has NEVER been a win at any or all costs program and certainly was NEVER that way under Osborne and Solich in the 90s. I don't know where people get the idea that Osborne somehow cheated or otherwise didn't follow his own high standards during the 90s. Our program followed the highest ethical standards and protocols of ANY in the country throughout my lifetime so far as I am aware.

Did Nebraska have a few coaches who failed to follow the rules? Perhaps but I sure don't recall any names or circumstances in this regard. I think we had some 'inadvertant' or accidental NCAA rule violations a couple of times where it was learned we misinterpreted rules or didn't even know a rule existed. This in my view was being 'human' and as such 100% error free administration by many people over many ytears involving many sports, tens of thousands of athletes, millions of fans, etc is all but impossible. We have been as GOOD as any program in the Nation.

Despite his harsh and brash nature and rhetoric, even Bo Pelini, so far as I can remember, had NO infractions of this sort. His ethical and behavioral issues were certainly not criminal, or of a 'cheating' nature so far as I am aware. He was fiercely competitive (overly so to most people I am afraid) and this was his shortcoming and ultimately led to his dismissal. He played for Woody Hayes' school and sadly was a lot like him it seems.

Nebraska has NOTHING to apoligize for in regard to high standards and certainly not Tom Osborne. I feel he handled player discipline fairly, reasonably, honestly and intelligently. He is NOT a criminal judge nor should the athletic department be handing out punishments for any misdeeds of a athlete in the school Students are adults with civil rights just the same as any other American age 18+. The rights and responsibilities of many different organizations, individuals and interests are always involved. Judgements must be carefully considered in light of all the known and disclosed and undisclosed but relevant facts.

Is it ok that boosters paid players after they enrolled and started playing?? Should a coach let that go on? Yes it happend under Tom's watch.

Did I say anything about doing anything against the rules or illegal? Nope. I said doing it with integrity.

Although, I'm pretty sure obstruction of justice is illegal.

I believe the rules violation portion of your diatribe was already addressed.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***