Mavric

*** 2017 Recruiting ***

is this kid a 2017 prospect? His Hudl says 2016 but that wouldn't make sense

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3313698/57dd5fdabd752106cc7a9518

https://twitter.com/Twaaall1/status/819971990324813824

Yep, 2017. Arizona commit.

Rivals

Interesting guy to visit. 247 has him as a 2star but he has offers from Oregon, USC, and Colorado as well as, obviously, Arizona. Not a bad list

Taking OV to USC next weekend

So who is the surprise visitor Rivals is reporting? 4 Star? Is it CJ?

Randal Grimes

On 1620 the zone yesterday they were talking of a surprise visitor "of a position of need that's been highly criticized". I think it was Shaffer

On 1620 the zone yesterday they were talking of a surprise visitor "of a position of need that's been highly criticized". I think it was Shaffer

Meaning not WR?

He said it as if it were a big secret. (I know trying to sell subscriptions) He said he was very surprised we were getting a visit but trusted his source.

Meaning not WR?

He said it as if it were a big secret. (I know trying to sell subscriptions) He said he was very surprised we were getting a visit but trusted his source.

NVM

Edited by IllinioisHusker

Meaning not WR?

I'd love for it to be Beal.
My guess is it was Grimes he was referring too and the position criticism was because of Calvin situation.

Who do you guys like better Rafdal or Robinson? I assume we probably take whoever wants N first

Rafdal because he's from IN
I like Rafdals size. But who knows who could end up being better. I'll take him because he's 6'7" I like that.

Who do you guys like better Rafdal or Robinson? I assume we probably take whoever wants N first

I like Rafdals size. But who knows who could end up being better. I'll take him because he's 6'7" I like that.
Robinson is a lot more athletic though. I'm torn. Plus, Allen is already a tall target anyway.

Robinson is a lot more athletic though. I'm torn. Plus, Allen is already a tall target anyway.
Yeah, good to have two great options though.

Yeah, good to have two great options though.
Robinson is the more athletic of the two and could probably play outside in a pinch or red zone situation. From his highlights he was just a wr for the most part so I don't know if he blocks at all. Rafdal looks like the type of TE Iowa or Wisconsin sign. He blocks ok, catches eveything with his hands and runs good routes for a big guy. He also catches in traffic. There's been some good talent coming out of IN the last few years and it would be nice to start pulling more guys from there. Historically NU has done well with guys who have come from IN

Yeah, I put very nearly zero stock in the vague input from some likely high schooler looking for validation by appeasing recruits that think it's cool to see themselves in varying quality photoshopped pictures in college uniforms.

• Upvote 1

16 commits on our way to 22 (so they say). I think we're looking for 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 OT, 1 DT, 2 CB and 1 S. That's 8 guys with 6 spots but I won't be surprised if we go for 23-24.

With a presumptive switch to a 3-4 and picking up Lindsey, we're doing pretty well at most spots - except DB.

I would guess Guy Thomas is an OLB in a 3-4 and we're probably out on ISM and not looking for a more traditional DE anymore.

Priority:
DB - Our roster isn't in bad shape but we don't have any commits there yet. Still.
OT - Will be interesting to see what Walker does. Playing it pretty low-key for now.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA
RB - 1 - JAYLIN BRADLEY, CJ Verdell
FB - 1 - BEN MILES
WR - 4-5 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, TYJON LINDSEY, Joseph Lewis, Gavin Holmes, Bryan Thompson, Randal Grimes
TE - 2 - AUSTIN ALLEN, Kurt Rafdal, Nick Robinson
OT - 2-3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, Chris Walker
OG/C - 1 - BROC BANDO

DT - 2-3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, DEIONTAE WATTS, Damion Daniels
DE - 1-2 - GUY THOMAS
LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, ANDREW WARD, Isaac Slade-Matautia
CB - 2 - Deommodore Lenoir, Greg Johnson, Elijah Blades
S - 1 - Kamren Curl

Edited by Mavric

He can't stop them from going. His feelings are that they have until Jan to take visits and determine best spots but by Jan they should know. If they choose to visit around then they don't have a held spot with us - so essentially NE is actively looking to fill the kids spot during that same time.

• Upvote 1

He can't stop them from going. His feelings are that they have until Jan to take visits and determine best spots but by Jan they should know. If they choose to visit around then they don't have a held spot with us - so essentially NE is actively looking to fill the kids spot during that same time.

Which now that you say that, makes even more sense why the Walker offer. Can play OL if we get the DL we want, but if they jump ship, he can slide over to play DL. Damn, that move seems even more intelligent now. Well played staff.

Looks like Wilhite is filling the extra coach spot for the time being.

https://twitter.com/coachpatterTCHS/status/821112685706219524

Interesting. I thought Tavita was out recruiting while we had a coaching vacancy.

No, he wasn't.

I know for sure he visited Nick Robinson, and fairly sure he was out recruiting before we hired Donté.

I should say that my post was not meant to judge his recruiting. I just wanted to see if they had anyone that we might want to poach. And from the looks of it, they don't.