*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Not quite sure what to make of the recent surge of offerings to Wide Receivers. Especially ones that are either already committed or committed shortly after our offer.

Good question. Are we about to lose a current commit, or are they just looking to add another highly ranked receiver?

Our commits seem solid at WR... Seems more possible that they are bracing for going 0-3 with Tyjon (Ohio St), Calvin (ND/Bama), and Lewis (Arizona or somewhere like that).

Bad part is that it feels like these guys are slipping, but Lewis was supposed to be on campus this last week and could have left his visit giving us a lot of optimism. I'm hoping some early visits in the season from these guys gets us back in the running a bit.

• Fire 1

I wonder too if it doesn't put a little bit of appropriate pressure on the kids that have offers already ... maybe it gets them to commit if they're pretty sure they're going to vs. dragging it out.

I agree - we gotta get Calvin back and quick, and get Lewis on board with a visit by himself to get all sorts of love and attention.

They should deregulate recruiting at this point.

Instead, just create a no call list for players and their family.

It's silly to say "you can't talk about a recruit" but then let coaches retweet.

I personally think that the restrictions imposed since 2000 or so (eg, around weekend visit timing and use of planes) have really hurt some programs, like Nebraska and va tech and any program not located close to major airports.

Every major program now has tons of money. Deregulate and let them spend it and get players as much info as possible.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***