*** 2017 Recruiting ***

If we had the number of commits the next 15-20 teams ahead of us have and continued to bring in the same recruiting average per commit, we'd be top 20 easily. I still think this is a class that needs to end in the top 20, but a goal of a top 15 finish. If the team has a strong season, they'll reel in a couple more Lamar Jackson type level of talent, and I believe they could easily crack top 15 with a strong Decemeber/January push.

If we had the number of commits the next 15-20 teams ahead of us have and continued to bring in the same recruiting average per commit, we'd be top 20 easily.

I don't think this is true. Looking at 24/7, 13 of the 34 teams ahead of us have 15 or less commits, and by average star rating we're 24th. I don't know how to actually get a conclusion from those numbers though, math isn't my strong suit by a long shot.

Think 15 is more likely then 25 - our average star numbers are good now / should have a solid season W-L ratio and the top guys will commit when they see the up tick in success.

I'm having a hard time seeing how the math works to allow a jump of that number of places, but i don't follow that closely.

Who are the top 5 guys who are not committed but leaning toward NU?

At one point, we were ranked 11th overall. After they redid the rankings and other teams added some solid recruits, we dropped. I'd say if we can continue to land the mid 3 stars and add a couple of the big fish we are after, we will get top 15.

Depending on how many a "couple" is, that will not get us in the Top 15.

Last year's #15 team (Notre Dame) had 10 four-star players and averaged 89.00 in the 247 Composite.

2015's #15 team (Penn State) had 13 four-star players and averaged 89.08.

We currently have 4 four stars and average 86.65 on 13 commits. Considering we probably have about 9 commits left to get, we need to get 7-8 four-stars and average 92.44 to get to that level. We currently have one recruit that is above 92.44. So basically the rest of the class has to be four-star guys to get there.

If we had the number of commits the next 15-20 teams ahead of us have and continued to bring in the same recruiting average per commit, we'd be top 20 easily.

I don't think this is true. Looking at 24/7, 13 of the 34 teams ahead of us have 15 or less commits, and by average star rating we're 24th. I don't know how to actually get a conclusion from those numbers though, math isn't my strong suit by a long shot.

To explain why I believe so, it's not an exact science and primarily glancing over Rivals system, the separation I see that would put us in top 20 is between 300-400 "points." Our average recruit is about 80-90 points. Before Thomas committed, we were in the 1200 range, we would jump the next 4-6 schools who have 14-16 commits if we have the same number of commits. Some in the top 25 are up into the 17-19 commit range, but only 300-400 points ahead of us. I certainly believe we would easily sit in top 25, with a solid chance at top 20, depending if we land higher rated prospects. What I didn't account for are the schools behind us who have even or less verbal commits who could leap us.

Edit: did a quick double check, on rivals page, before Thomas committed, we were at 12 commits for 1076 "points" and 36th overall. Iowa State was 25th with 1290 points. UW huskies were at 35th with 11 recruits, 1080 "points." Other than UW, the other schools are at 16-19 commits. When Thomas' ranking is accounted for, we'll leap about 4 schools.

Right now I have us at 66 on-campus guys on scholarship who are eligible to return next year plus 13 commits. That would leave us with 6 open spots plus we can over-sign by 3 which would be 22 in this class. Could be a couple more if guys leave early between now and January.

All right thanks Mav! I say we take these positions for the remainder of the class:

1 Running Back

2-3 Wide receivers

2 Defensive Tackles

1 Linebacker

2 Defensive backs

1 Offensive Tackle

1 Athlete/ Safety(If someone doesn't qualify)

1 Tight End(if we take only one db or DT)

I put 3 wrs, I am counting the 5 star transfer guy, if we don't get him we take two WRs in my opinion.

Also open to thoughts on this list, I don't have names just positions for discussion.

This would be an ideal spot to snag Noah Vedral for a number of reasons.

- You could sell Gebbia that we just need another QB for numbers.

- You could sell Vedral on a great opportunity at his home school with not much experience ahead of him.

- Vedral is athletic enough that you never know what he could turn into.

- He's also athletic enough that he could probably play WR or even Safety in a couple years if needed.

I doubt Vedral would be interested at this point but it might be worth asking.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***